8. Its yours.

Mateo laid beside a sleeping Sofia as he checked his email. It'd been a week at this point so the results should have been in, and as his email refreshed it was clear they were in.

He took a deep breathe as he clicked on it, scanning through the email until it got to the results. 99.9% the numbers popped out as he reread it. He was the father, "fuck," he let out lowly.

Sofia turned, her eyes slowly opening as she looked at him. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head, "nothing. Go back to sleep baby." He got up out the bed walking out the room as he screenshot the results sending them to Xavier.

Mateo shook his head as he locked his phone, the last thing he was going to do was be a deadbeat ass dad

Mateo shook his head as he locked his phone, the last thing he was going to do was be a deadbeat ass dad. He debated on calling Jessica, he went to his IG deciding to go to her page instead, looking at her most recent post he found himself just staring at the picture.

This was the girl that was pregnant with his child

This was the girl that was pregnant with his child. It was surreal to him. He exited out of the app deciding just to give her a call. The phone rang until it went to voicemail. He decided against leaving a voicemail. She would get the missed call.

He headed back to the room as Sofia was now fully awake, she was still laying down, scrolling through her phone. She looked over at him ruffling her hair. "What were you cussing about this morning?" She asked as she turned to face him.

He knew he could be honest right now or he could lie. His phone went off before he could respond as Jessica's name popped up, he had recently saved her number. He held up a finger as he answered it walking back out the room.

Jessica has just woken up and you could hear it in her voice. "What's up?" Her sleepy voice came through the phone. "You see the results?" He asked as he made his way downstairs. Jessica sat up in her bed, telling him to hold on as she checked her email. The results were what she expected she knew it had to be his. She put the phone back to her ear. "It's not a surprise to me." She let out, the two of them hadn't talked since the day they got the test done and the attitude she had that day was apparent in her voice now.

Mateo sighed as he ran a hand down his face as he took a seat in one the chairs by the kitchen's island, "Jessica." She could easily sense the frustration in his voice.