21. Oh mama!

"Just go in Jessica, you'll be fine. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

Jessica shook her head as sat in her car outside of her mothers house. It'd been a month since her and Mateo had seen each other but he made sure to call and check on her weekly. And today he happened to call when she made the brave decision to go see her mother.

"No, you don't know my mom. As far as I'm concerned me and my sisters are all a disgrace to her."

Mateo didn't understand how a parent could truly feel like that, he understood that children could do disappointing things. But he didn't feel like there we're many things that a parent would just write their child off for.

He sighed, "look you're taking the first step, if she can't get past whatever she's felt you've done wrong then leave it alone. You did your part. But you're already there, so go in."

She sighed, knowing he was right, "okay."

"Call me when you leave okay?" She nodded as if he could see, "okay I will."

They got off the phone as she took another deep breath before exiting her car. She walked up knocking on the door. It was before long before she heard all the locks un-clicking reminding her of her childhood. Her mother was crazy, but nobody outside of her sisters and Alexis understood just how crazy she was.

Her mother opened the door with her hand on her hip, she had a beautiful wrap on her hair with her dark skin glowing. "Jessica," she let out before traveling down to her belly. "You're very pregnant, umph." She said with dissatisfaction in her voice as she turned around walking further into her house.

Jessica rolled her eyes as she sighed, "yeah mama, I told you I was pregnant months ago." Jessica closed the door behind her, locking up all the locks because she knew she would hear her mothers mouth otherwise. She then walked into the kitchen area where her mother was. She was mixing some herbs together, she also was very natural and holistic, something that Jackie definitely got from her.

Her mother looked up at her, her eyes glancing down to Jessica's hand. "And still no ring."

Jessica was already feeling like this was a wasted trip , this was why no one came to see her mother outside of her clients that she made herbs for. She was rude and super judgmental.

"We're not together. We're going to co-parent, like you and dad started doing once we got older." She stated as she sat down. She felt like she had to purposely remind her mother that everything didn't work out perfect for her either. Unfortunately her father had died a few years back.

Her mother rolled her eyes, "do not compare my situation to yours. I was married before I had you girls."

"And okay! I'm not, so what! It's not like I planned this but it happened."

"Because you were irresponsible." Jessica stood up, "okay see, I knew this was a bad idea."

"Because you can't handle the truth?" Her mother spat as she transferred the herbs into a jar.

"No, because you're nasty!" She started, finally ready to tell her mother about herself. "This is why you have no friends. This is why daddy left you! This is why your family doesn't talk to you! You're so judgmental like you're so perfect! Like you've never done any wrong! You ran everybody away from you."

Her mother stopped what she was doing as she focused on her daughter. "I wanted the best for my life and I wanted the best for your life as well as your sisters and I wasn't going to let anyone take that away."

"No you wanted to control everything and everyone around you. Like do you realize your biggest issue with me started when I didn't go to school for what you wanted me to do? I did everything you asked of me growing up. I even was in at your stupid ass eight o'clock curfew on the weekends and you still found something to dislike. You put those locks on the door like we lived in some crazy house."