34. Caught.

"Shit." Mateo let out as he drove, remembering he left his EarPods at his house. He'd been driving all of ten minutes and was trying to debate whether or not it was worth it to turn around. But he knew music pumped him up even more when it came to working out.

Mateo sighed, annoyed that he forgot them as he made a U-turn at the next light. Within another ten minutes he pulled up back to the house seeing that Sofia's friend was still at the house. He left his car running as he quickly ran up the stairs to the door, he realized he also left his house keys in the car as he cursed himself not understanding why he was forgetting simple shit. He attempted to open the door anyways. Seeing that it was still unlocked. He walked in as complete shock took over him.

On his couch sat Sofia and Kate tonguing each other down as a man stood recording. "What the fuck is this?" He questioned as anger rose up in him. Sofia quickly jumped back, her eyes dilated almost looking like she wasn't really there. She stood up with nothing but her bra and panties on, a very attractive matching set.

"Mateo." She let out lowly as she kind of backed up. "Get the fuck out!" He yelled. Kate and the camera guy just stood there for a second. "Are y'all fucking deaf? I said get the fuck out!" He yelled again. This time they started moving. The man began packing up his camera equipment and Kate started to put on her clothes as Sofia sat on the couch with her hands on her head.

Once they left Mateo still stood in the same spot that he was in when he entered. His eyes still on Sofia who wouldn't look at him he was pissed that she would pull that bullshit in his house. "Sofia." He let out.

"I'm sorry." She stated looking up as tears started to cloud her eyes. "I'm so sorry." She cried out. "It was wrong and I didn't know what to do cause I need money. And a lot and quick. I wasn't getting clients to style and I can't start at these minimum wage jobs." She sobbed. "Mateo I am so sorry."

Mateo felt slightly bad for her as he sighed going to sit on the couch beside her. She threw her body into his as she cried on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around her feeling slightly weird since it had been so long since he touched her. "Calm down Sofia." He hated to see anyone cry this hard.

He was still pissed but he couldn't kick her while she was down. She looked up, her eyes bloodshed red and still looking slightly dilated. "Did you take something?" He questioned. She nodded as she sniffled. "I'm so sorry!" She started again as tears poured. "But I'm so happy you came back through that door because I didn't really want to do it."

"Why the fuck were you ever going to do it?" He questioned as his anger rose.

"I told you!" She cried out. Mateo shook his head as he moved his arm from behind her and brought his hands together. "No, you had plenty of other options. You could have applied for some reality TV shows, worked with your cousin, something. The way you quickly chose this is questionable and to do it in my house? That's disrespectful as fuck. Are you trying to tarnish my name? Are you still on that bullshit?"

Sofia quickly shook her head no. "No Mateo I'm not it's just that having your name —" Mateo didn't even want to hear whatever she was about to say. "Just go put some clothes on! This shit is ridiculous."

Sofia nodded but still sat there for a moment. "Mateo." He sighed, "what Sofia?"

She swallowed hard, "I'm really sorry." He didn't say anything and she leaned forward placing a kiss on his cheek, and then another closer to his mouth. Mateo stood up knowing whatever drugs she took were getting her hot. "Sofia go put some fucking clothes on."

She listened this time as she stood up grabbing her clothes that were on the living room floor. Her phone went off on the table as X's name popped up. Mateo saw it first. He grabbed her phone as she was too focused on putting her clothes on to realize it was her phone. He tried his luck with her old lock code and was surprised it worked. He quickly went to the message opening it.