22. Evolve.

Jessica held her belly as she sat across from Alexis, pain etching her face, she had decided to stop by after she went out to grab some food.

"Nuh uh, what's wrong with you?" Alexis questioned as concern etched her face. "You are not about to have that boy in here."

This caused Jessica to laugh before another pain shot through, "stop making me laugh. This shit hurts. It's just Braxton Hicks though."

"Braxton what?"

Jessica rolled her eyes at how uneducated Alexis really was with pregnancy and babies, but then again Alexis was determined she didn't want any so in all it wasn't that important to her.

"They're like false contractions."

"Ohhh," Alexis cooed as she picked up her phone as the text tone went off. "How's everything been with you and Mateo?" Alexis questioned as she typed to whoever she was texting.

Once the cramps subsided Jessica picked up her glass of sparkling cider that Alexis so graciously got for her. "We're actually really good, he hasn't said any stupid shit or anything like that. We talk a lot more and he's pretty excited about the baby now." She rubbed her belly as she responded.

Alexis smiled, "that's good. You still considering moving to San Diego?"

"I never said I was considering it." Alexis rolled her eyes as she locked her phone. "You told him you were, and last time we talked I felt like you truly were considering it."

Jessica shrugged her shoulders, "everything I know is here. And it's a lot to just up and move."

"You've always talked about moving anyways. And everything like what Jessica? Your sisters are gone, your daddy is gone, God bless his soul. Your mother isn't acting like she wants to come around and then me, but it doesn't matter where you go I'll always come to you."

Jessica smiled at the last part of her statement, "you're also forgetting my job, my apartment, my car."

Alexis rolled her eyes and waved Jessica off as she picked up her wine and took a sip of it. "Girl, you can get a job anywhere, an apartment anywhere and you can drive your car there! It's eight hours not across the country. Shit, you still in the same state."

"Still," Jessica let out as she took another sip of her drink.

"Give me your pros and cons list, I know you've made one you always make them." Alexis let out with a knowing smile.

Jessica couldn't stand how much this girl knew her. She huffed as she grabbed her phone going to her notes. "Okay, pros. Closer to Kaiden's dad, a change of scenery like I've wanted, a chance to start fresh. Cons, having to look for a job, a pay cut, moving in general, no friends. So technically, my cons list is longer. And why are you acting like you're so gung ho on me moving!? You don't want me here?"

"Girl I'm not, you know I want you here! But like you said you've always wanted a change of scenery and this is your chance. And having his dad closer will be a lot of help and you know it. Here it's like you're doing it alone and I don't want you feeling like you are."

Jessica understood where she was coming from. "Besides," Alexis continued, "your cons list is trash other than the pay cut, I feel that! But San Diego is a little cheaper than here in San Fran. And when the hell did we decide on Kaiden? That's cute."

Jessica laughed and realized she had yet to tell her. "We both liked it! It was actually a name he thought of. Still haven't decided on a middle name though!"

"And last name?" Alexis asked with curiosity. "His."
Jessica let out with ease. "Kaiden Santos."

"Okay, okay." She smiled. "I like, I like."