24. FILLER

"Waittttt!" Alexis smiled as she leaned in closer to Jessica, "Sofia was bopping in LA?" She laughed like it was the funniest thing ever.

Jessica rolled her eyes not understanding her over amusement about it as she nodded.

"I'm not even surprised. That shit is funny and sad at the same time for Mateo. Finding out your girl is a gold digging ass ho, literally." Alexis laughed again.

"Alexis it's not funny," Jessica let out.

"Have you talked to him since?" Jessica shook her head yes as they grabbed some of the last of her stuff to put in her car so they could make the drive to San Diego. "He apologized for fighting in my house again, but didn't apologize for fighting Dwayne because he had it coming as he says."

Alexis laughed, "that's real! He right though. From the stories you've told me Dwayne egged it on every time."

Jessica sighed, "yeah. And I told him I got it and also let him know that Dwayne and I weren't a thing and weren't going to be a thing."

Alexis looked over at her with a smirk, "did you now? And what made you tell him that?"

Jessica rolled her eyes, "not what you're thinking. Just clearing the air, letting it be known that he won't be around like that anymore."

"Mmhm, sure!"

"Stop it," Jessica let out. "Besides we haven't even talked like that since he apologized."

"Cause he probably in his feelings about Sofia gold digging ho ass," Alexis laughed again. She found it so funny. "Whole time she tried to make it seem like that's what you were."

Jessica shrugged, "I get it though. I'd feel a way."

Alexis shook her head, "nahh! Fuck that! That bitch was trying to come at you like you was some gold digging groupie meanwhile that was her title the whole time."

Jessica couldn't help but to laugh at that one, "Lex stop it."

"Nahh, you been too nice Jess. I don't even know who you are anymore. You used to fight bitches for me and you all nice and shit to a bitch who tried it."

"One, I'm pregnant. Two, like I said I completely understand how she felt. If I was in a situation where my man got another girl pregnant I would've reacted the same way! But like I told Mateo if she comes at me like that again it will be a different story."

"Yeah and I'm the different story, you might can't do anything until the baby drops but I can."

Jessica laughed, "with the shit that her and Mateo are probably going through right now I'm sure I'm the least of her worries."

Jessica sighed as they walked out of her apartment. She still had a couple of things there but Alexis said she would grab them and keep it at her place until she sent for them.

"The dramatics," Lex let out as she rolled her eyes, "let's go!"

"This was my home for three years. My first place after I got my job at the hospital."

"And now you're moving on! For better." Alexis smiled as she pulled the door closing it and then locking it since she would be keeping the key until she got the rest of the stuff out. She had thirty days to do it.

Jessica and Alexis made their way to the car as they prepared themselves for the eight hour drive they would take to Jessica's new home.

"So have you talked to Dwayne?" Alexis questioned as she started the drive.

"Yeah, I told him he was dead wrong. Told him with me moving this was the perfect time for us to distance ourselves because he clearly can't play nice with Mateo. And Mateo isn't going anywhere. He's the father of my child, and I'm not dealing with the bullshit. Especially with him not even being my man."