26. Drunk?

Mateo woke up with a booming headache. He moved slightly, easily able to tell that he wasn't in his bed. He slowly let his eyes adjust to the light before realizing that he was at Jessica's on her couch. However he had no recollection of how he got there.

He leaned up slowly, not trying to get a sharp pain in his head from moving too fast. Once he placed his feet on the ground he saw a water bottle and two Advil's on the table in front of him. He couldn't help but to be thankful for the gesture because that's exactly what he needed right now.

He reached for the water and the pills quickly throwing them back. Before leaning back on the couch. He could hear Jessica coming down the stairs as she hummed a song lowly, but not low enough for him not to catch it.

She walked into the living room to check on him, "oh you're up!"

"Yeah," he let out. His voice extra raspy. He cleared his throat. "How did I get here?" He asked with a look of confusion.

She laughed as she took a seat on the opposite couch, sitting with her foot under her butt. As she grabbed a pillow holding it on her legs. "Well, you kept blowing up my phone."

"I did what?"

She nodded, "woke me up out of my precious sleep telling me you were too drunk to drive."

His eyes widened. "I'm sorry."

"It's cool, I'm just happy you didn't try to drive yourself." She paused before continuing. "And Sofia called a couple of times but you told me you didn't give a fuck and not to answer it."

Mateo swallowed. "Did I say anything else?" He was hoping he didn't say anything about the situation.

Jessica smiled as she shook her head no, she could tell he was sweating. It was clear there was something he didn't want her to know about.

"Well thank you for picking me up. Sorry I blew your phone up and woke you up. I don't know why I just didn't order an Uber." He rubbed a hand over his face. "Won't happen again."

"Everything alright?" She questioned with real concern.

He nodded avoiding eye contact, "yeah."

Jessica didn't say anything as she just watched him for a moment. He looked over at her trying to change the subject altogether. "Can I rub on your belly?" A silly smile coming to his face. He couldn't wait until his son was born.

Jessica rolled her eyes as she stood up. "I would have came over there," he quickly let out but Jess was already just about in front of him.

He looked at her belly before bringing his hands to it. She grabbed his hand, guiding it to the bottom of her belly. "That's his head, he's already in position." She smiled. Just much as he was ready to meet his son she was ready to evict him out of her body. She enjoyed being pregnant but the pains worsened the further along she got.

Mateo could definitely feel his son. He felt all around her belly astonished by the fact that he could tell where his son was by feeling around it. He put his forehead on her belly while keeping his hands on the side. He stayed like that for a second just basking in the moment.

Jessica stood with her hands on her side. Smiling as she looked down at him. She was ready for Kaiden to arrive so she could really see how he would be. 

He closed his eyes, as he moved his head to kiss her belly. He leaned back disconnecting his hands from her belly. "Finished loving on your son?" She questioned before taking a seat beside him.

He nodded, "I appreciate you." He said lowly. "I appreciate you for carrying my son."

Jessica was taken aback from the comment as she pushed a hair behind her ear. "And I appreciate you. I appreciate you for being active in his life. Even now. When you don't really have to be."