(7)여름

"We're staying in a penthouse?!" I asked, surprise evident on my voice. Jiyong's mother chuckled at me and nodded.

"Yes dear"

My mom, who stood beside me, nudged me in the arm. She gave me a look and I just frowned at her. I never imagined that I would be able to live in a penthouse but now, I am. I smiled giddily to myself, excited.

I glanced at Jiyong who had a face mask covering his face. He stared off to space, waiting for us to arrive at our floor. The thought of living with him scared me. He's still a man and that was enough explanation.

The elevator dinged, signalling that we have arrived. We got off the elevator with Jiyong's mom on the lead since she has the key. Once she unlocked the door, she turned back to us and said "You two, come here"

Jiyong and I obliged and stopped in front of her. She smiled at us before opening the door.

My jaw dropped as I entered the penthouse. Jiyong saw this and laughed. He held my chin then closed my mouth "Believe it or not, you're living here"

He went off to who knows where after that. I gave him a slight glare then went back to my giddy self. What caught my attention was that there's a big window, showing off the beautiful view of the city. It must be very beautiful at night. There's also a curtain for it if I wanted to close it.

I giggled, all my past worries of living with Jiyong suddenly forgotten.

"Yeoreum-ah!" I heard my mom call "Come here!"

"Okay!" I replied, taking a last look of the beautiful view before running off.

"This is your room" Mom told me. I nodded, taking in the features of my new bedroom . I never had a bedroom to myself. I always wanted one but never really spoke about it. And now that I have one, I kinda feel lonely.

I placed my bag on the floor then plopped myself down on the bed. I let out a yawn, making myself comfortable. Mom sat on the edge of the bed. She patted the bed sheet and said "Always fix your bed after you wake up, okay?"

"Hmm" I replied.

"You always forget to do it. Now that you're married, at least be responsible enough to do it"

"Yes, mom" I got up and sat. I stared at mom for a moment then said.

"Why? 'Ya gettin' emotional now?" I asked, chuckling. Mom rolled her eyes "You're so corny"

I just laughed in response. Mom always hated these kinds of conversations.

"Remember, you're the girl in this house. You gotta be responsible. And get that lazy attitude out of your system"

"I'll try, Mom. I'll try" I said in a joking manner.

When the time came that our mothers are gonna leave, Jiyong and I walked them both to the lobby. I gave mom a hug despite her protests but she gave in anyway. Mrs. Kwon approached me and whispered.

"Don't worry, I've talked to Jiyong. He won't bother you"

I waved them goodbye and once they were out of eyesight, Jiyong and I went back to our penthouse.