(10)지용

The car's engine stopped as I pulled over the car. I let out a sigh as I sat there on the driver's seat, completely worn out from today. I glanced at Yeoreum who's sound asleep on the passenger's seat.

I looked at her for a moment, remembering how my aunt disrespected her earlier. I feel guilty for not standing up for her during dinner. She's still young yet the world is already harsh on her. 

I studied her face. It was obvious she's young. It's practically etched on her face. I wonder what kind of life would she have if she hadn't married me. 

She's pretty for someone her age and I'm pretty sure the guys at her school are crushing on her. It's a pretty common thing for people around her age. I wonder if she has a guy she likes.

This made me guilty. Because she's tied to me, she can't date any guy she likes. Our marriage is jailing her from experiencing things she should experience at that age.

I talked about this with Youngbae and he told me that I should be aware if she is dating anyone at her school. He asked me if it was okay with me if she decides to go out with a guy she likes and I couldn't answer that.

I mean, don't get me wrong but I don't have any feelings or whatsoever for the girl but I don't like the idea of cheating. We could have an open marriage and I wanted to talk about this with her but never really had the time to say it. 

And now that we're alone, maybe I could finally talk about this with her.

But when I saw how peaceful she looked in her sleep, I couldn't find the power to wake her up. But I had to anyway because we have to get off the car and I couldn't possibly carry her all the way up to our penthouse.

I lightly nudged her awake but that didn't work. I tried again but a bit more powerful this time.

"Yeoreum-ah" I said as her eyes began to flutter open.

"Where are we?" She asked, wiping her eyes as she sat up from her sleep.

"We're home already. Come on" I told her and helped her bring the seat back to its normal position.  Yeoreum threw the pillow at the back seat and climbed out of the car. I did the same and locked the car, the car signalling that I did so.

We walked side by side in silence, both missing the feeling of our beds. When we arrived at our floor, Yeoreum ran ahead of me and opened the door. When I got inside, Yeoreum was already opening the door to her room. She was about to close it when she looked at me and said "G'night"

I nodded at her and she closed her door, locking it. I got to my room and did the same.

-----

I woke up at the sound of dishes getting washed. I squinted my eyes at the window and found that it was already morning.

I reached for my phone from the table and clicked it open to see that it was 8 in the morning. I dropped my phone beside me and I rolled over to my side.

I began to drift off to sleep again when I heard a knocking on my door.

"Jiyong oppa! Breakfast's ready!" Yeoreum shouted from the other side of the door. 

I groaned in response, still not opening my eyes.

"KWON JIIIIIIIIIIII YOOOOOOONG!" Yeoreum screamed even louder.

"SHUT UP!" I shouted back.

I heard a muffled laughter come from her "Hey! Come on! Open this door!"

"Go away kid!" 

"I WANNA EAT! GET OUT!"

"Eat by yourself!"