(16)지용

Laughter erupted as Daesung said something that seemed to please the president. I sipped on my tea as I watched Seungri join in in the joke. The table erupted in an even louder laugh and I silently longed for the comfort of my bed. Where everything is quiet unlike this place.

It's currently lunch and the president requested for us to have lunch with him. It was obviously his method of trying to win me over. It became even more obvious when he requested for me to sit next to him earlier. I did but now I regret it. If I wasn't beside him, I would've left earlier but because I have to be respectful, I'm stuck in this chair beside this annoying oaf.

We were already done eating but it seems everyone is having too much fun that no one seems to want to leave the place. I let out a quiet sigh, looking at Youngbae and Seunghyun who seemed to be the only ones who understood what I felt. Though Youngbae did a good job at hiding it.

"Oh, Jiyong-ah, how's your wife? I don't think I've seen her again since the wedding" The president said, turning to look at me and I mentally cursed at the sudden attention.

"She's fine" I answered curtly. The president took notice of my sour mood and cleared his throat.

"I think we should go back to work now, it has been fun" The president said, standing up. We followed his actions and bowed to him. He bid us goodbye again and we were left at the table.

"Ah, finally" Seunghyun said, stretching his arms making me smile a bit.

"Can't we just go home?" Youngbae asked, looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're lucky, you can go home whenever you want to" Daesung grumbled, pertaining to me.

"Yeah, but I won't do that. Just because I'm the CEO's grandson doesn't mean I can do whatever I want. I need to do my part too, you know?" I said, looking at each one of them. I stood up from my seat and the others followed.

We were halfway through the restaurant when Youngbae, who's behind me, grabbed my arm to stop me and asked "Jiyong-ah, isn't that the guy Yeoreum went on a date with?"

"Yeoreum went on a date?" Seungri asked, shocked.

"You've been all around the place you don't even know what's happening in your friend's life" Seunghyun said, adding a 'tsk' as he looked at Seungri disapprovingly.

"You knew?" Seungri asked and Seunghyun shook his head no.

"Then you're not one to talk hyung!" Seungri said, frowning at Seunghyun.

"Well, I'm a better person than you are" Seunghyun said, looking away from Seungri to Yohan who me and Youngbae are looking at.

"Who's that girl?" Youngbae asked, looking at me as I stared daggers into Yohan's head.

I watched as Yohan reached onto the girl's hand, kissing it as it collided with his lips. My eyes twitched and before anyone could stop me, I was already walking towards them. I heard Youngbae's voice call out to me to stop but I ignored it, feeling unfair for Yeoreum who has no idea what's happening right now.

I stopped in front of their table making the two look at me. Yohan's eyes nearly bulged out while the girl's just mirrored confusion.

"Yes?" The girl asked, eyeing me and Yohan, feeling uncomfortable at our stare down.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked Yohan, ignoring the girl.

"S-sure" Yohan stuttered, standing up from his seat. He gave the girl a look of reassurance making me scoff at him. He looked at me and fidgeted on his feet, knowing he's fucked up. What's even more satisfying to me is that he thinks I'm Yeoreum's brother.