(23)여름

I slid open the door and saw my classmates dressed in our togas. My face lit up in a smile when I saw my classmates taking pictures with each other. I hurried towards Ryeowoon and joined in in their group photo.

"You haven't seen Haru yet?" Jihoon asked. I shook my head no, frowning. I hope she arrives soon.

Today is our graduation day. It feels weird that this day has finally come. It was just like yesterday was our first day of classes but in reality, it has been ten months. I feel excited yet sad at the same time. Excited because duh, it's my graduation day. And sad because I might not see these people again.

I took a seat beside Jihoon who's talking to Junho and Ryeowoon. I stayed silent, watching the events that's happening inside the classroom. I want to take in this moment, and hopefully, never forget it.

The sound of the door sliding open was caught by my ears making me look towards the door. I jumped out of my seat and ran up to Haru, enveloping her to a hug. We squealed at each other, grinning as we made our way to our friends.

Haru took my seat beside Jihoon and I sat next to Ryeowoon. We made a circle so Haru and I still managed to sit next to each other.

"We should take pictures! Oh! Oh! Let's take pictures outside!" Haru said, shaking on her seat. We all agreed and went outside.

A lower year student took our pictures. He handed us back our phones and we gushed over our pictures. A teacher shouted at us to go back to the classroom because the program's about to start.

A few minutes later, the teacher assigned to our room made us go outside. We formed a line in alphabetical order and waited for our section's turn to march.

"Fuuuuudge, I feel nervous" Haru said from behind me. The section ahead of us had started to march. Haru is the last person in girls when it comes to alphabetical order and she was ordered to stomp to signal when we would be sitting.

"Go back! We're gonna be marching soon" I told her, pushing her back in line. She frowned at me playfully but went back anyway.

The ones in front began marching and my heart started to thump louder.

"Holy sheeeeet" I heard Ryeowoon say from beside me. He's my partner in marching.

Only two couples left and it would be our turn. Ryeowoon told me to walk slowly and I just gave him a nod, nervous out of my wits.

"Go" The teacher slightly pushed me and I began marching. I watched Ryeowoon in the corner of my eye, trying to match up with his pace. We reached the front and I counted "1, 2 and 3" in my mind before turning and walking towards my seat.

I reached my classmate and remained standing until Haru arrived and stomped.

One hour to the program, my butt began to hurt and I began to hope that the giving of diplomas would come soon. I couldn't look back because our teacher told us not to. I really wanted to know where my parents are.

I came with my parents and older sister. Jiyong couldn't make it because he's in duty. I pouted. I knew that the chances that Jiyong would arrive is slim but I can't help but hope that he would. Though I know he wouldn't.

The speaker finished his speech and it was finally the part where they'll give us our diplomas. The first section began and I felt my heart jump out of my chest. I watched them take their diplomas and cursed the fact that my face will be seen at the screen.

The section in front of us stood and my nervousness tripled. I squeezed my classmates hand, giving her a look of nervousness. She laughed though she told me she's nervous too.