(22)지용

Yeoreum looked at me blankly. I sat on the couch beside her while she faced me, her mouth hanging slightly.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, shock etched on her face.

"I have some time off" I told her, placing my arm on the couch.

"When will you go back?" She asked and I faked hurt, placing my hand on my left chest.

"I just came back and you're already asking me to leave?"

"No! I'm just asking..." Yeoreum replied, slouching down her shoulders.

"And you haven't visited me for the past few weeks! Are you avoiding me?" I asked, my tone slightly teasing but also worried.

"What? No! I wasn't avoiding you! I just got caught up on school work. Our teachers haven't gone easy on us though it hasn't been a month since classes started. I'm a senior now, you know?" Yeoreum explained.

"Hmm" I hummed, pouting. Yeoreum frowned at me but I know she felt guilty. I felt guilty too since I made her feel bad. I stopped pouting and looked at her, beaming.

"Shall we go on a date?"

"What?! Are you crazy?!" Yeoreum exclaimed, her face flushing red, obviously taken aback.

"Am I?" I asked, smirking.

"Yes!"

I only chuckled at her which seemed to work up Yeoreum more.

"Then let's hang out? I just want to spend more time with you. I'll be going back on Sunday and I want to make the best out of my day off" Yeoreum sighed but then nodded.

"Okay. Just, stop being weird" She gave me a look of cautiousness which made me laugh. My mind suddenly thought of our last meeting. My face began to go red as I remembered our kiss. I looked away from her and stood up.

"Let's go out later. I'll be sleeping for now" I told her as I began to walk away.

"You're gonna sleep? But you just arrived"

"I woke up at 4 am today, I really want to sleep. And I've been waking up early since I began my enlistment. Let me make up some sleep, okay?" I said, opening the door of my bedroom.

I heard her mumble but I didn't hear it enough to understand what she said. I just smiled to myself, happy to be back. I got on my bed, pulling the blanket over my body. I closed my eyes and I was instantly asleep.

-----

"Augh, this is so good" I moaned as I slurped down my Jjajjangmyeon. Yeoreum looked at me incredulously.

"You missed it that much?"

"I missed it more than I missed you" I teased earning a scoff from Yeoreum.

"Well, I didn't miss you at all!" Yeoreum stated.

I just laughed at her, continuing on eating my food. Once we were done, we exited the restaurant and took a walk by the Han River.

I took a quick glance at Yeoreum to see her thinking so thoughtfully.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her.

"College. I'm wondering what it'd be like"

"Stressful" I told her. She let out a sigh and said

"I'm scared. I don't want to go to college yet" Yeoreum told me honestly.

"Why?"

"Just because. I feel like I'm not ready to take on the responsibility yet"

I hummed then asked "Speaking of college, what course are you gonna take?"

"I don't know. Veterinary Medicine?" She said, not really sure.

"You wanna be a vet?"

"Kind of? My dream is to be a doctor. A person's doctor but after talking to my parents, I began to feel scared. It takes a decade to study being a doctor. And if I choose to be a vet, it'll only take 6 years and I'll be a doctor. And I love animals too! So I think that shouldn't be a problem" Yeoreum explained, sighing.

"Do you see yourself working as a vet forever?" I asked making her frown.

"I don't know..." She trailed off.

I took a deep breath, thinking about how I should reply to her. We sat down on a bench, silent as we watched the river flow in front of us. There were other couples here too, same with families who has an aura of coziness in them.

"Hey, I know the chances of you attending my graduation is slim. But can you promise me to not miss my college graduation?" Yeoreum turned to look at me, hope filling her eyes.

"I promise"

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise" We curled our pinkies together. We made eye contact and laughed. Our actions seemed childish, but with Yeoreum it felt special.

Our days together went by without the mention of our kiss. It was like it never happened. Maybe it was better this way. After all, I think I went pass the line with my actions.

Sunday came and it was time for me to leave again. It's 10 am in the morning and I'm sat on the couch next to Yeoreum. The TV is playing yet lay forgotten as Yeoreum and I stared at each other.

There was no words spoken, just Yeoreum and I taking in the existence of one another. Yeoreum played with my hands, placing them in her cheeks, closing her eyes as she took me in. Though the kiss was left unmentioned, there was something that changed between Yeoreum and I.

We became more touchy to each other. We began to act like more of a couple. It felt like she's my girlfriend, but not official. But we are official because we're married. I mean, we are, right?

"Don't leave" Yeoreum mumbled. I scooted closer to her so that our knees are now touching. She opened her eyes and gave me a smile.

"I like this. Can't we just stay in this moment?" She asked.

"Unfortunately, time won't let us" I said, frowning with her. She groaned cutely, scooting closer to me. Yeoreum gave me an evil grin before jumping on me, hugging me as we fell to the couch.

I lied there on the couch with Yeoreum on top of me. I hugged her back, taking in the moment.

"Yeoreum-ah" I said. Yeoreum hummed, her voice vibrating on my chest.

"Do you like me?" I asked and Yeoreum looked up from my chest, her eyes now meeting mine.

"What do you think?"

"I don't know?"

Yeoreum laughed lightly, her eyes fluttering shut as she smiled. She stared at me before giving me a peck on the lips.

"Does that answer your question?" Yeoreum asked, giggling when she saw my shocked expression.

I regained my posture and smiled at her. She smiled back at me, giggling when I hugged her closer to me. I caught her lips with mine and kissed her slowly. I felt her smile making me deepen our kiss.

We pulled away from each other as I stared lovingly at her.

"One more" Yeoreum said, leaning in for another kiss.

"One more" She said after another.

We stayed like that in each other's arms, reeling in each other's existence for as long as time allowed us.