(8)지용

"You've got to be kidding me"

"What?"

"You're seriously gonna go out with those shabby clothes?" I asked, pointing out the obvious.

Yeoreum child looked at me, offended. She scoffed and said "These are not shabby!"

I chuckled "Yeah right"

"What is wrong with you?!"

I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 8 am "Hey, what time are you and your friends gonna meet up?"

"10" She replied, her voice still showing signs of being offended.

I nodded and stood up from the couch. I walked past her and grabbed my coat. I opened the door and looked back to see Yeoreum child gaping at me.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go" I went out and I heard shuffling inside our penthouse. Finally, after five minutes, she got out of our penthouse and asked

"Where are we going?"

"To buy you clothes" I said and that made her stop.

"No" Yeoreum child said. I looked at her irritated and said "I'm very bothered by your choice of clothing so now, let's go!"

"No! I'm not gonna rub off of you!" 

I gave her a look and said "Just think of this as a payment for marrying me. I know it wasn't an easy decision and this is only one of the ways I can repay you for doing me this favor. And isn't this why you married me? So that my family can pay for your school and your necessities instead of your parents?"

Apparently, that was not such a nice thing to say because the moment I finished my sentence, I got slapped, hard.

"Yes, you're right. And I don't need any reminding about it" She walked past me and I could only sigh. There is no way I'm gonna accompany her now in shopping. I called Wendy and asked if she could help Yeoreum child go shopping. She agreed and I told her to meet up at the mall.

When I arrived at my car, Yeoreum child was already there. Seeing her sulking almost made me laugh but then it was my fault she's angry. The drive to the mall was silent. Neither of us spoke nor tried to talk. 

When we got to the mall, Yeoreum child exited the car in a hurry. It took me a while before I finally got out of the car. Yeoreum child was already far away and I groaned in annoyance as I ran after her.

"Kid! Wait!" 

Yeoreum looked back at me and huffed "No! Don't go near me. I'm saving yourself from embarrassment of being seen with me, the girl with the shabby clothes"

I took a deep breath, feeling irritated at Yeoreum child for being such an immature.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna stay with you much longer" With that, I grabbed her hand and dragged her along with me.

"Let go of me! It hurts!" 

I let go of her hand and glared at her "Then will you just fucking behave and follow me"

She gave me a glare but followed me anyway. We met up with Wendy and I introduced them. After making sure that Yeoreum child is contended with her new found companion, I bid them goodbye and left.