(21)여름

Jiyong grabbed my arm and stopped me from walking. I turned to him confusedly and asked "Jiyong?"

Jiyong stared intensely in my eyes. I blinked, flustered at his actions.

"Umh, Jiyong?"

Jiyong started walking towards me until there was no space left between us. I tried backing away but he held me, locking me in his arms. He slowly leaned down into me and I began panicking. My eyes went wide open and then his lips were on mine.

"AHHHHH" I shrieked, ruffling my hair in my hands as I bent my head down at the table.

"What the? You alright?" Junho asked from beside me.

Today is the first day of school yet that was the least of my problems. My main issue is about last week when Jiyong...

I shrieked again, stomping my feet this time. I felt Junho move away from me, hearing him mumble "She's getting weird again"

I looked up at him and glared. He jumped when he saw me glare at him. He hesistated for a few seconds but he got up and left the table. I let out a sigh, putting my head down again on the table.

"Yah, Min Yeoreum. What's wrong with you?" Haru's voice ask making me look up. I saw her seated at Junho's seat, looking at me weirdly.

I gulped, hesitating if I should tell her. She'll probably freak out too. Oh yes, she'll be over the moon.

"Haru~" I pouted, scooting closer to her. I hugged her arm, hiding my face in her neck.

"Yah! Stop it! That tickles!" Haru said, pushing me off of her. I pouted at her, annoyed.

"Yeah, stop that or I'll get jealous" I looked at the sound of the voice and saw Kim Jihoon, Haru's boyfriend.

Haru blushed while I rolled my eyes, fake gagging. Jihoon just laughed, grabbing a chair and sitting across from us. They shared a look, smiling at each other. I admit, they're pretty cute. But gag worthy.

The first day of our last year began and the love birds got lucky and were placed as classmates. I got lucky too because Haru's my classmate again, same with Ryeowoon and I guess Junho. Jihoon too since he's my friend now.

The bell rang signalling the start of classes. Haru and Jihoon went back to their seats. Junho went back too, eyeing me carefully. I gave him a smile in which he let out a sigh. I couldn't help but laugh at that.

-----

"OMG, HE KIS-" I put my hand on Haru's mouth, preventing her to speak any further. I glared at her but she just beamed at me despite being forced to shut up.

I removed my hand from her mouth and she began talking animatedly "OMG OMG OMG I can't believe it!" She shrieked, hiding her face behind her hands, stomping her feet back and forth.

"I know!" I replied, face red from blushing.

"My ship is sailing!" She giddily said, doing a small dance while sitting.

It's currently lunch time and I dragged her here under our usual spot. I told her about what Jiyong did and now she can't shut up.

"What you gonna do when you see him again? Omg, I need to see that!" Haru fan girled.

"I don't know. I feel like it's gonna be awkward" I said, hiding behind my hands. Haru laughed and squealed at the same time.

"When are you planning to see him again?" Haru asked enthusiastically. 

"Never?"

"What? That's just a kiss! It shouldn't be a big deal! For frick's sake, you two are married!" Haru teased. But there's some truth in it. But also a big ridiculous idea.

Lunch ended and Science came. The teacher grouped us into 5 groups and assigned a group project which caused uproar among the students.

"But sir, it's still the first day!" Hui, my classmate, protested.

"Yes and all of you are seniors now. When you go to college next year, your professors would already be handing out tests, you know? And it's not like the project's hard"

"But we ain't in college yet sir, what you talking about?" Junho said from beside me earning him a flying marker. The class erupted in laughter, but no one protested after that.

Because of the sudden project thrown at us, the week seemed to pass by quickly. But also because of the project, I couldn't go and visit Jiyong. I felt sad yet relieved at the same time.

The second week of classes started and another busy week was thrown at us. There were almost quizzes everyday and group activities that needed to be done the following day. We all suddenly realized that this is what it meant to be a senior.

I couldn't go and visit Jiyong again though I did try but Mom decided against it. I felt bad. I think Jiyong might think that I'm avoiding him on purpose.

Third week of classes came and our teachers went easy on us this time. But that was at first because when Thursday came, they showered us with tasks that needed to be passed on Friday. And when Friday came, we earned a scolding for tasks that we failed to complete.

The sky is dark and I'm home alone. Now that school is back again, I need to live here in Jiyong and I's apartment. Mom comes by sometimes to keep me company but that ain't very often. She only came by twice in the three weeks that I've returned here.

I'm currently sprawled down on the couch, the only sound heard was from the TV. I felt lazy to cook myself some food so I bought Ramen at the nearest convenience store.

I felt my eyes get heavy and then darkness took over me.

-----

I was woken up by the sound of the pass code being typed. I sat up straight, staring at the door, waiting for whoever in this early morning is trying to break into my house.

The door opened and an all too familiar guy sent me a grin and said

"I'm home"