(25)여름

"Yah! Min Yeoreum! Wake up!" I was jolted awake when someone shouted at my ear. I looked at the said person and saw Kim Jong In looking at me disapprovingly.

"What?" I croaked out, feeling blinded by the lights of the classroom.

"The class already left. You're the only one remaining here" Jong In explained.

"Then why are you here?" I asked, looking around the classroom to find that there were still some students inside.

Jong In rolled his eyes before saying "Because this is my next class and you're not supposed to be here?"

I glanced at the clock and jumped out of my seat when I found that there are only five minutes left till my next class. I bid Jong In goodbye as I ran to the exit.

I rushed to Biology class, sprinting as fast as I could. I'm currently at the ground floor and the classroom is located on the 3rd floor. The worst thing is, this school doesn't have any elevator so I have to run all the way to get there.

When I did get there, class was already starting. I cursed silently when the attention was brought to me. I bowed to my professor who only motioned me to sit immediately. Professor Jung continued on with his lecture when I spotted Taemin sunbae waving at me to sit next to him.

I made my way towards him and sat down, placing my things on the table while I put my bag between my legs. Taemin sunbae gave me a smile and I returned it. He returned his gaze to the front, me copying his actions.

The class lasted for three hours. During those three hours, we made notes, we had a quiz and we also had an exam. I could feel myself getting tired but I fought my urge to stop, remembering that Jiyong's family are the ones who are paying for my tuition.

When the bell rang, signalling that today's school is over, our professor bid us goodbye and left the classroom. The students got out soon after they finished fixing their stuff.

"Yeoreum-ah, wanna come with us? We're gonna go to a Samgyupsal place. Irene, Joy and Seulgi are coming too" Taemin sunbae told me as I was putting my book back inside my bag.

"Yeah! Come with us!" Kibum sunbae chimed in, standing up from his seat and going around the table to stand in front of me.

"I'm sorry, I already have plans for today. But next time, I'll surely go!" I said, smiling sadly at them. Kibum sunbae pouted saying "What is more important than us?"

I only laughed at him. I glanced at Taemin sunbae to see him frowning too. He made eye contact with me and immediately changed his frown into a smile. His face was slightly flushed when he noticed I was staring at him.

"Okay, just come with us next time, yeah?" I gave a nod at Taemin sunbae.

Taemin and Kibum sunbae accompanied me to the bus stop. I bid them goodbye when the bus arrived. They went on their way as soon as they saw that I got on the bus safely.

I looked at my watch and sighed when I saw that it was already 7 in the evening. It's still early but I really wanted to go home more early to prepare for Jiyong's and I's date. Today is Jiyong's birthday and we agreed to celebrate it outside. I smiled giddily to myself, excited for what the evening has to come.

When I got home, Jiyong hadn't arrived yet so I took a quick shower. I went through my clothes until I was satisfied with my outfit. I twirled around the body mirror, checking out my dark blue cocktail dress. I pursed my lips into a straight line as I sat down on my bed, putting my shoes on. I heard the front door open and I hurriedly took my coat from the hanger and ran outside to the living room.