(24)지용

My face lit up when I saw Seunghyun waiting for me by the gate. I fastened my pace and hugged Seunghyun with him saying "Welcome back"

I put my luggage at the trunk and Seunghyun went inside the car. I followed his actions and got in the passenger's seat. Seunghyun started the car, creating a rumbling noise. The sound of the gravel entered my ears when Seunghyun began to drive.

"Do you wanna eat first?" Seunghyun asked, glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

"I think I'll visit Seungri first" I said in a low tone. Seunghyun just nodded and continued on driving in silence.

A few months ago, Yeoreum told me about what happened to Seungri. Even my sister visited me to tell me about the news. The news that Seungri got arrested

I was shocked at first, but I knew he had it coming. Only a few years prior to his arrest, I felt that he was getting suspicious. He wouldn't spend time with us anymore and if he did, he would always be late. Sometimes, I would see his phone light up and I would peek at it but Seungri would hide it from me immediately. I thought nothing of it first but the longer he acted unusual, I started to become more suspicious.

I would intentionally listen to his phone calls and I actually followed him once. And that was when I found him entering a club. It wasn't weird at first but when I entered the club, I saw him making high girls get into private rooms with men to do who knows what.

I talked to him about it the next day but Seungri denied everything I said. Though I could see the surprise in his eyes when I mentioned what I saw.

I didn't know what to do because Seungri's my friend. I've known him for so long and now that I found out that he does these things, my emotions got the best of me. I didn't mentioned it ever again, afraid that he'll get in trouble if I pried even more. And that was a mistake on my part. I shouldn't have kept quiet.

Because I kept quiet, the crimes Seungri and his friends do continued. The amount of victims increased and I ignored everything like nothing was happening.

The fact haunted me until Yeoreum told me about what happened to him. She told me how the person revealed it and how his case was the fire in the media.

And now that I'm discharged, visiting Seungri was the first thing I knew I should do. But if Yeoreum didn't have any classes, I would have went to her first.

Seunghyun parked the car and I got off as soon as the engine was turned off. Seunghyun got off too and we walked together towards the prison. I told the guard that we were to visit someone and he guided us to the waiting area. I told him who I was gonna visit and I was guided to the meeting area. Seunghyun stayed behind since only one visitor is allowed.

I entered the room and saw other visitors talking to the prisoners they know. I sat on a vacant seat, examining the window that separated me from the other side.

The door opened and I saw Seungri in hand cuffs being guided by the prison guard. His face has sunken. There are dark circles under both of his eyes. His hair grew, messy unlike the neat hair he used to have. His mouth was in a frown, different from the usual smiley Seungri I was used to see. His eyes landed on me and they widened in shock. He maintained eye contact until he was sitting right in front of me.

"Hyung..." He trailed off, eyeing the uniform I was wearing.

"Ah, right. I was discharged today" I told him causing him to open his mouth, a silent 'Ahh' escaping his lips.

"How have you been?" I asked causing him to look down. He cleared his throat before replying

"I'm alright. I'm getting used to living here" Seungri said, letting out a low chuckle. He stopped when he saw that I wasn't amused.