(18)지용

Bruno Mars' voice echoed across the room as Youngbae danced to the beat. People cheered as Youngbae danced for Hyorin noona. My mouth tugged into a smile as I watched my best friend dance with his wife.

I glanced beside me to see Yeoreum grinning widely. Her eyes shined as she watched the newly wed couple dance with each other. Yeoreum cheered for the two, genuinely happy.

I felt my heart ache for Yeoreum. On our wedding, it was all business and there weren't any fun. It was all staged not like Youngbae and Hyorin noona's wedding.

Yeoreum noticed me looking at her and asked "What?"

I shook my head, turning my head away from her. It has been months since I got my enlistment letter and a week from now, I will be going to serve for my military service. I felt nervous at the thought. It has been always in the back of my mind ever since I was young and now that I'm a week away from it, I can't believe it's actually happening.

I saw Wendy took a seat beside Yeoreum and the two chatted together. I noticed how excited Yeoreum seemed to be now that she has Wendy to chat with. I smiled slightly. Maybe she would be just fine when I go away.

Daesung glanced at the two girls from beside me. I shook my head at him and smirked. Daesung has always had a thing for Wendy after meeting her in the company. She was just an intern then but she's now working full time at the company.

Wendy and Daesung made eye contact for a moment but immediately looked away, blushing at the sudden contact. I laughed quietly seeing Yeoreum confused at Wendy's sudden behavior.

"Hyung, should I talk to her?" Daesung asked, whispering in my ear.

I shrugged at him, saying "Do what you want"

Daesung pursed his lips at me before standing up and walking up to the two girls. Yeoreum smiled at Daesung while Wendy looked anywhere but him.

"Wanna dance, Wendy-ssi?" Daesung asked, nervous. Yeoreum's mouth fell open. Her eyes went wide open at the sudden realization that the two had something going on between them.

Wendy nodded her head, standing up and taking Daesung's outstretched hand. The two girls made eye contact and Yeoreum squealed at Wendy. The latter just gave her a nervous smile.

"Why did I not know this?" Yeoreum asked no one, grinning at the sight of her two friends.

I looked around the room, trying to find my friends who magically disappeared from our table. I saw Seunghyun by the bar, flirting with a woman I don't know. As for Seungri, I'm not sure. I think he went home already.

"Wow, is Seunghyun oppa always picking up girls anywhere he went to?" Yeoreum asked, following my gaze which landed on Seunghyun and the random woman.

I laughed at her words,nodding my head on the process.

"Has he ever been on a serious relationship?" Yeoreum asked curiously, looking at me this time.

I made eye contact with her but looked away because of the close proximity "Yeah, he had a serious relationship once but that didn't end well for him"

Yeoreum nodded, pouting her lips in the process. She bent down and took off her heels, complaining about how much it hurt. She was rambling but suddenly stopped as a thought passed by her brain "Hey Kwon Jiyong, would you be picking up girls right now if you hadn't married me?"

I choked on my drink, glancing at her to see her genuine curious expression. I chuckled slightly before replying "Maybe. I think it would be because Seunghyun would've dragged me out of my chair to hit on girls"