(15)여름

I sucked on my apple candy as I sat on the bench, watching people from my school and other school go around my campus. Today is the first day of my school's Cultural Festival and it's hectic as fuck. There are so many people but it's still fun though.

My class created a play and fortunately, I was not placed as an actor but as a sound director. Our play just ended and we have a break of 3 hours before we start the play again. Some of my classmates are going around, spreading out the news about our play. I was doing that earlier but I got so tired and just decided to buy food and seat for a while.

I also got a message from Yohan telling me that he would be here at our school by lunch. He told me he was just finishing his report and he would immediately go here. I told him to meet up at the entrance and to text me when he's near. But so far, he hasn't texted me yet.

I let out a huge sigh and stood up from my seat. I tossed the stick into a trash can and walked away from the bench. I let my eyes wander around. I suddenly felt sentimental at the fact that I only have a year left at this school. I let out a chuckle at the thought of my younger self wanting to get out of this school so much. But now that my time is limited at this school, I began to feel the want to not leave here at all.

I'm scared at the thought of college. I feel like I can't take that much responsibility yet. Which is funny since I am married and I should be responsible. I mean, I guess I am? But sometimes I get childish on purpose making me want to never grow up. But I have no choice because I can't really stop myself from ageing.

I stared at the banner that said "CULTURAL FESTIVAL 2017" I then let my eyes fall on a group of friends that are freshmen and I felt my mouth smile a little. I remembered my friends when I was a freshmen that I was not friends with anymore. There are like, only two people left that I was friends with since freshmen year and the others forgot me like I never existed.

As I stared at the group of friends, I felt my phone vibrate in my pockets. I looked away from the group and opened my phone to see that Ryeowoon texted me telling me to go back to the classroom. I looked at the time and saw that it was already nearing 1 PM meaning that there's an hour left before the play starts.

I started running, not noticing the ringing of my phone amidst the chaos.

-----

"3 minutes before show time!" Ryeowoon shouted, alerting the cast and the staff that'll make the play presentable. I glanced at Ryeowoon who sat next to me.

Ryeowoon has make up on since he's part of the cast but his character won't be introduced until later in the play. And so he's also my assistant since he helped me with the sounds and music that we needed for the play.

"I'm nervous" He said, placing his hand on his chest. He looked at me and smiled.

"You can do it. You've already done it before, I'm sure you'll be even more better now" I said, taking my eyes off him as I turned towards the laptop in front of me.

"Thanks" He says as he scoots closer to me, looking at the files I'm managing.

"1 MINUTE!" Someone shouted.

I heard Ryeowoon gulp loudly. He looked at the stage which was visible from where we are. We are located at the back of the room so that we can see which scene it is so we know where to play the music. The light directors are also with us but we don't really interact that much since we have different jobs.

Yeseo, another sound director, finally arrived and sat at the other chair beside me. It was quiet as we waited for the show to start.

"We open in 5, 4, 3, 2,..." The director says from behind us "And 1!"