5. departure (jm)

2:00pm.

It was 2:00 on a breezy summer afternoon, and I was enjoying a pineapple smoothie on the beach. i sunbathed in my little cabana that i had set up, with not a troubled thought in my brain.

the only person on my mind was my boyfriend, jonah.

"y/n?" he said, turning to me, "i need to tell you something."

"yes, love?" i said, smiling at him.

i was not prepared for what he said next.

"i'm moving to los angeles."

what came next was a lot of happiness, sadness, fear and excitement, and tears.

but i'll break it down for you.

2:35pm.

we had moved indoors, back into the beach house we were renting for the weekend.

i was in tears, and in jonah's arms.

"why didn't you tell me earlier? why then? why now?" i said, breaking down. i was sobbing at this point.

sure, it sounds selfish, but he was my world. i was happy for him, but this was the boy i wanted to love for the rest of my life. i was sure of it, he was sure of it.

yes, we were young and foolish, but so in love.

"you will always be my home, y/n. wherever i go, you will be the one i come back to, i promise," he said, kissing my forehead.

he then continued to tell me about the band he was going to be in, and how he was moving in with them for a while.

that's when i stopped crying, and we started celebrating.

"jonah, this is incredible. you're going to make it, i know it," i said, tears still in my eyes, "you're going to be a star."

he laughs softly, brushing his hand against my cheek.

"i'll call you every day, and keep you updated. i think we could make a long distance relationship work," he says.

there was no way i was going to lose him; long distance sounded perfect, with all things considered.

so, a couple days later, we left the beach house and headed back to minnesota. before we knew it, jonah was getting ready to fly to los angeles.

it was 7 am on a clear sunny morning, and he was about to leave me.

then, suddenly, it hit me.

after all the happiness and excitement i'd built up to prevent my sorrow because of his departure, i let my guard down.

i was losing the one person i needed in my life more than anyone and that broke my heart. but jonah knows me too well.

"hey...hey...y/n, look at me," he says, lifting my chin up to meet his, "i know we'll be in different places, but i will always be here," he says, pointing to my heart.

tears are rolling down my cheeks now, and i can't stop.

"I won't ever stop loving you, no matter how far apart from each other we are," he says, drying my tears. "those might just be the sweetest words a girl could hear," i say, resting my forehead on his chest. "i wish i could come with you," i say, as his mumbles into my ear, "i know, y/n. me too."

the loudspeaker calls for his plane, and i help him get ready. "be careful, babe," i say, buttoning up his roughed up jean jacket, as he readies his suitcase, and his acoustic guitar, packed away by yours truly. "i will be," he says, chuckling, as he hugs me. i savor the moment, before he pulls away, and he heads towards the exit gate, looking back at me, blowing kisses.

i see him leave me, and my heart breaks.

i look down at the floor; i can't stand to see him walk away. until suddenly, i feel two arms around me, and a sweet parting kiss. i take in the moment like fresh air, remembering every detail of the second. i run my fingers through his hair, as he leans his forehead against mine. i hear him say softly, "i love you, y/n. i will always love you," as the hug loosens, and we break apart. "i love you so much," i say, kissing his cheek, as they blush.

he gets his things together once more, and heads to board the plane. he looks back once more, to wave goodbye and blow me a kiss. i know in my heart, that one day, i'll be coming with him on that plane, for good.

now that i've written one imagine for each of the boys, it's time to start the cycle all over again! xx