33. just friends? pt. 1 (ja)

i had the biggest crush on jack avery for the longest time.

we were best friends in high school, doing everything together. we were always close, but i guess a part of me wanted more.

but time went on, and i thought that he didn't like me the way i like him, so we remained friends.

one night, jack told me he wanted me to meet his bandmates after one of their shows, so i met up with him at an afterparty on a rooftop patio.

as soon as i walked through the doors, i was greeted by jack's familiar smile.

"y/n! there are some people i'd like you to meet!" he winks, as a part of my heart starts to beat quicker than i'd like it to.

i lock eyes with a beautiful boy with bleached blonde hair and piercingly blue eyes that hypnotize me. but some part of my mind drifts back to jack, and i snap out of my daze.

but, as luck would have it, i am taken by jack over to see the boy who i'd been gazing at. he's surrounded by three other boys who i vaguely recognize.

"y/n, these are my bandmates," he says, as they all say their separate greetings to me.

i make my way to the boy i'd been momentarily crushing on, eager to get to know him better.

"i'm daniel, by the way," he says, pulling me in for a hug. i'm immediately surrounded by the warmth of his figure, holding me tightly.

"i'm y/n," i reply, pulling away from him.

"jack's told me a lot about you," he blushes, scratching the back of his elongated neck.

"really?" i laugh sheepishly.

"yeah, he seems to like you a lot," he smiles.

wait...what?

"oh, we're just friends," i laugh, interested in this change in conversation.

"really? i think he's got a bit of a crush on you," daniel giggles.

jack...having a crush on me? i always had a thing for him, but he never even acted like anything other than a friend to me.

well, almost...

now that i think about it, jack's always had a flirty sense of humor when he wants to, and he always seems to make me smile in a way i didn't know was possible.

he makes me smile like a boy crushing on a girl.

oh my god.

are we really destined to remain just friends...or not?

pt. 2 coming soon!