36. surprise (ds)

"shelby?"

i flip my head around to lock eyes with my boyfriend, daniel seavey.

"babe, what are you doing here?" he says, laughing and flipping me up into his arms as i feel his warm smile press a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"well, we all knew, dani boy, but your girlfriend wanted to surprise you," i hear christina marie say behind me, as i hear two other girls laugh.

i had come on "vacation" to hawaii with christina, tate, and gabbie so we could surprise our boyfriends while they were doing a show in honolulu. of course, none of them knew until now. we had planned to surprise them after their show, but since we had run into daniel here at the tiki bar (near our condo we were staying at), our surprise was ruined.

i watched my boyfriend hug my friends and especially smiled as he asked gabbie about lavender, her daughter with jack. his smile was irreplaceable, so warm and filled with light. it's times like these where i'm reminded of how much love he has in his heart.

"where are the other boys?" i hear tate ask. i knew she was eager to see jonah.

"they're currently in the hotel pool. most likely acting like fools.

suddenly, i see a pair of arms wrap around christina and a bleached blond tuft of hair around her dark brown locks.

"corbyn!" she screams as he pulls her in for a very public kiss.

as the rest of the boys greet the girls, daniel puts his arms around my waist smiling at each other.

out of the corner of my eye, i see tate and jonah holding each other tightly and jack and zach smothering gabbie with hugs.

kay, zach's girlfriend, couldn't make it on the trip, but hopefully, if we did this again, she could come then.

"i can't believe you and the girls are here. i wanted you to see the sunrise here this morning. it was gorgeous," he says, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"i saw it. i wondered if you were seeing it too, dani."

"i think i'm looking at it right now," he says, looking into my eyes as my hands play with his hair.

as we kiss, i feel the hawaii sun shining on us. a golden gaze warms me, and i let myself sink into this moment with daniel.

our adventures in hawaii were just getting started.

imagine requested by @shelbyroseg