21. songwriter (ds)

"have you ever written a song about me?"

i lay on daniel's chest as he runs his fingers through my hair gently, planting the occasional kiss on my forehead.

i've always wondered if daniel's ever written anything about me. i first saw him at a coffee shop where i was performing an original song i wrote. in fact, that's how we met.

he came up to me, smiling so sweetly, and, eventually, he asked...

"...you write songs?" his voice was filled with so much depth that day, so much interest and intrigue. "it brings me joy on days like these, you know?" i said, smirking. i remember, i wasn't trying to be poetic or a smartass, but i was so caught up in his baby blue eyes, i sounded like shakespeare.

from that day on, we wrote songs together, sang them, and recorded them as little minute-thirty-second memories. it was the happiest i'd ever been in any relationship; doing what i love with the person i love.

but i did wonder...had daniel ever written about me in one of his many songs? he was a musical genius, brighter than the stars in the sky, brimming with talent.

"yes," he said simply. i could tell he was smiling in that way he does. when his eyes crinkle and his smile grows big, you can tell he's thinking of something that makes his heart swell.

daniel sat up, getting his guitar across the room, and sitting down next to me.

"just listen."

the melody that played next was the most beautiful sound in the world.

but his lyrics? they were the most angelic things on earth.

i really felt like writing a soft imagine hehe so enjoyyyyy xx