31. the afterparty (ds)

"and the vma goes to...y/n y/ln!"

my heart stops in my chest. i just won?

as i make my way through the crowds of other talented performers, i catch the glimmering eye of a boy with newly dyed blonde hair smiling at me and applauding with four other boys by his side.

even though our eyes are only looking at each other for not even a second, i feel like i've seen him before.

but my mind only pauses on him for not even a long enough period of time before i've made it to the stage and gotten my shining vma award.

it reads best new artist on the plaque, and a sense of pride washes over me. i can't believe i've come this far.

i make a short speech, trying not to tear up and cause a scene. my eyes keep drifting to the boy i locked eyes with earlier, and i can't keep my eyes off him.

"thank you!" i quickly finish, trying not to carry on my speech for too long. i'm distracted by him, i can't avoid his stare.

after the show, i make my way to an afterparty at a waterfront place near the coast. the sky was clear; stars shone like diamonds. the waves crashed like silver waterfalls rolling into each other. everything was beautiful around me.

then i saw him.

he made his way over to the balcony, where i was gazing at the stars.

"my friend has a huge thing about space that he just loves," the boy smiles in awe, infatuated with the beauty of the night.

"he's got a girlfriend, don't worry. i'm not trying to play matchmaker or anything," he laughs, as i smile at him earnestly.

do you know that warm feeling when you can tell how good a person is inside? well, that was the feeling inside me when he talked to me that night.

"i'm daniel seavey," he says, sticking out his hand for me to shake it.

"y/n y/ln," i respond as my hand grasps into his.

daniel's hands are warm and comforting, as if all the pain in the world could be washed away if they were just touched by this boy's hands. i'd never met someone like him before, and to this day, i don't think i'll ever meet someone else like him.

"congratulations on your award, by the way. that's a huge deal," he says, as i smile in response.

"i still can't fully believe it. i'm waiting for someone to wake me up from this dream," i laugh softly.

"do you want to wake up?" daniel says, looking into my eyes as the world around me seems to pause. it's almost like time's fully stopped and only daniel is here.

i move closer to him, as i feel almost drawn to him. there's something about him that's familiar and totally new, like he could love me like nobody else could if he had the chance.

"never," i reply, as my lips move closer to his.

but sadly, everyone must awake from their dream, no matter how good it feels to be in it.

"i see you've met y/n y/ln!" my manager waltzes over next to me.

"oh, yes, i have," daniel smiles secretively, winking at me.

"y/n, do you know that both you and daniel belong to the same record label?" my manager asks, as both of our eyes go wide.

"really?" daniel asks, a childlike excitement sparkling in his eyes.

"yes! maybe you two could collaborate on a song with the rest of daniel's group, why don't we," my manager chirps.

why don't we. i do believe remember hearing them play on the jingle ball tour at madison square garden a few years ago. also, i think i've heard their song 8 letters before.

"that would be really fun sometime," i say, nodding at daniel, as he winks at me.

i look into his eyes again, and in them, i see the possibilities of our future together all in an instant. i do believe they call this feeling love at first sight, but then again...

...when i'm with him, i'm only dreaming...

imagine requested by @myapplejuice3