19. summer vacation (cb)

i hate summer vacation.

please, please, please don't get mad when i say that, but honestly, i have my reasons.

you see, for me, summer means being away from my friends, and being packed off to my grandparents' house in virginia. i leave june 30 and i come back september 1st. by the time i get back from virginia, my friends won't even remember my name. they'll all probably be closer, with more memories and moments than days i'll be away from them.

the truth is, i used to think that summer in virginia was another form of torture.

but that was before i met corbyn.

the good thing about virginia is their smoothies. i don't know how or why, but they have the best smoothies in the entire world. there's this one place five blocks from my grandparents house that sells this mango pinapple delight one. it's the nectar of the gods.

so, the first thing i did when i got there was skip on down to my favorite cafe market and get myself a smoothie.

"hi, can i please have a mango pinapple delight smoothie please?" i said, looking up at the menu to see if there were any new smoothies. maybe they'll have milkshakes next summer, or root beer floats.

as i looked up, i heard a voice behind me chime into my train of thought.

"i'll have what she's having."

i spin around to see a tall lanky blonde boy with bleached hair and a bright smile standing behind me.

"greetings, earthling," he says, smiling at me. i start to laugh at this strange boy who's suddenly popped into my life.

i'm not complaining though, he's pretty cute.

"well, if it isn't luke skywalker!" i say, slightly annoyed. but something about him seemed different, maybe a bit weird, but different.

"i'll buy the smoothie for her too, thanks," he said, smiling at the cashier.

what was he doing?

"you know, e.t, this isn't a bar," i said, snorting.

he turns around, laughing under his breath. i unconsciously smile, before i realize what i've done. i just smiled at a total stranger; i don't even know his real name!

as he grabbed my smoothie, we sat down near the window, as i was eager to find out more about this stranger.

"i'm corbyn, by the way," he said, sticking his hand out formally. i shook his hand while introducing myself, trying not to crack up. "i'm y/n."

and that's how it all started. our friendship. that summer turned out to become the best time of my life. i spent every day with corbyn, he was my best friend. i loved him with all my heart.

until the day i realized i really did love him...

hi guys! i might write a part two to this idk haha