6. thief (ds)

i walk along the pavement of the bustling city. my feet ache from walking block after block, but i have to get to my appointment at 3:30 sharp. it was 3:15, and i was five blocks away.

i should have parked closer.

but then, again, if i had parked closer, maybe this whole scene would have never happened to me.

as i was about 3 blocks away, i felt a tall stranger brush up against my jacket pocket. i didn't think much of it, until about half a block later, i checked the pocket to realize my wallet was missing.

i looked behind me to see the man running at full speed, with my argyle wallet in his musty gloved hand.

"stop!" i scream. i catch the eyes of the people on the city, some looking at me in confusion or amusement, others in pity. but the one pair of eyes that caught my attention were the eyes of a baby faced boy, my age, with the deepest sapphire blue eyes i'd ever seen.

they had compassion and worry in them, and it was enough to completely stop me in my tracks for a second.

a mistake? hardly.

i watched as his navy eyes darted towards the thief, and i saw him lock eyes with a blonde boy standing on the street curb near the thief.

the boy whistled to grab his attention, and the blonde boy turned his head towards me, then to the boy, and then to the thief. he tripped him with his shoe, as the thief fell head first onto the pavement. the blonde boy took the wallet out of his hands, as two police cars pulled up.

in the next couple minutes, as i walked over to retrieve the wallet, i learned a few things.

one, the boy who had tripped the thief's name was corbyn besson, and the starry blue eyed boy's name was daniel seavey.

little did i know those names would become so important to me.

i thanked corbyn first. after all, he was the one who handed my wallet back to me.

but when i faced daniel for the first time and we had introduced ourselves, i was tongue-tied like a schoolgirl.

so what? i had a crush.

"er..um...t-thank you for helping me get my wallet back," i say clumsily.

god, i was so hopeless.

but daniel, with his smooth charm he so effortlessly played out, acted calmly, against my nervous posture.

"it's alright, and hey," he says, whipping out his iphone x and flipping it up into the air like a yo-yo, "call me if you ever need anything. i think we could be good friends," he says, innocently.

well, there goes my chances. maybe he's the type of guy who likes to be friends first, then goes for a relationship.

i sure hope he is.

"yeah," i say, regaining my balance, and losing my awkward stance, "i think we could be."

we smile softly, as he hands me a police blanket to wrap myself up in the cold fall weather.

we walk together, as i stop to make a phone call.

"hello? this is y/n. i'd like to cancel my 3:30 appointment please. why? oh, i've got more important things to focus on at the moment."

hey!! it's been a while, but i'm back hehe ;) i'll be doing another round of imagines for each of the boys. feel free to comment suggestions or any lil preferences you want me to put on them! i'm open to anything, so just ask! xx