16. my letter to him (ds)

i sat at my desk with a ballpoint pen in my hand and tears in my eyes.

this is it, isn't it?

i think about all the good times we've shared.
every midnight run to the grocery store to get a jug of apple juice and two fresh watermelons, every kiss on the top of every ferris wheel, every song he wrote for me...

everything.

i couldn't leave him behind, but i had to; i didn't have a choice.

i was moving with my mother to australia tomorrow morning. telling daniel broke his heart, and mine too. i knew long distance wasn't going to work, being a whole continent away.

i had kissed him one last time that afternoon, before saying goodbye. it was bittersweet, but i knew it was the end. i couldn't bear to see his sweet baby blue eyes be filled with tears.

at least i was leaving him with the memories we made; that was the best option.

but, i decided to leave him with something else.

dear daniel, i wrote in perfect script on the notecard,

the thing is, you didn't seem different to me when i first saw you. you looked the same to me, except you weren't the same at all. in a matter of fact, you were unlike anyone i ever had the privilege to be loved by.

i used to think that diamonds were more valuable than any boy, but then, i looked into those glassy blue whirlpools you call eyes and i saw, that inside, you're more precious than any diamond in the world. you're not like the diamonds, no, you're brighter. no wonder the sun envies you. you're not like the rest of them; you never could be. and believe me, daniel, there's nothing wrong with that.

i think it's what makes you so special.

you're on something different; you can see people for who they are, not just their gifts and talents. that's part of the reason i fell in love with you.

i got to know you through melodies and symphonies, some that you wrote yourself. i got to know you through your smile and your warm heart, that cared for me for so long. i didn't deserve you, but you loved me anyway. you really are a gift from god, and you've finally convinced me that people come into our lives for reasons.

because, my dearest daniel, you appeared right when i needed you most and i didn't even know it. you popped in like a firework, leaving your mark on me, even though, at the time, i didn't even know your last name.

i can't believe how far you've come. when i first met you, i was just a girl, late for a hair appointment, who tripped over her own shoes and landed in the arms of a young hopeful musician, about to audition for american idol. you've grown so much, daniel, just listen to the symphonies you've brought to life. you touch everyone who hears your gifts.

most of all, you brought your music to my life, and changed me for the better. i became a new person when i was loved by you, and i'll never be the same again.

i will never forget you, as long as my heart beats. i know some part of it will always beat for you.

a small drop of water blurs the ink of the words i have just written; my tears hitting the page.
i close my eyes and breathe deeply, before writing my last words.

i will always love you,
y/n.

"i will always love you..." i say softly, as another tear blurs the words on the page.

"always."

hi guys! i've been gone for a while, due to school and stuff, but i'll be back with more content later!