28. wedding ring (ja)

i run my fingers through jack's soft curls. they wrap around my fingertips, and i giggle at the feeling.

"you're beautiful," he says, as i sweetly laugh. "since when were you such a ladies man? such a charmer!" i joke, as he puts his head down, smiling at the ground.

we were waiting outside a grandiose ballroom for the rest of the boys, who were watching a rock performance by an unknown group. jack, my boyfriend, preferred to stay with me, and i was happy that he did.

we've known each other since we were teenagers, and we've been in love with each other for so long. i don't trust anyone more than him, and i don't think i'll ever be attracted to someone other than him.

he's my soulmate, i'm sure.

"y/n, i've never felt this way about someone before. you're different...and i've known you for so long," he says, brushing my cheek as i blush.

"we're not kids now, and i know when we first met...we were young, but now...i apologize if i'm moving too far too fast but..."

he reaches into his pocket, and tears start to well up in my eyes. i know what he's going to pull out, i know what he's going to say, and i know what i'm going to say too.

he gets down on one knee, as tears burst out of my eyes, clinging to my face.

my mind whirrs around, and i can't process what's happening.

this is happening.

"y/n," jack says, his voice shaking, "will you marry me?"

i nod, falling to my knees. i can feel the eyes of the people near us on me, but i don't care. i just care about jack.

he slides the diamond ring on my finger, and i watch it glint in the ceiling lights. it's beautiful, with a gold band curling around it. it's the most gorgeous wedding ring i've ever seen.

jack takes my hand, playing with my ring finger, twisting the ring around. a soft giggle escapes my mouth as he kisses me, and i do my best to stay in the moment as long as possible.

i'm going to spend the rest of my life with him.