Chapter 1 Leaving Phoenix

Cover made by: ladyarchangel74

Astrid Diana Swan stares out the station wagon window as she and her family head for the airport, taking in the last look of Phoenix. She looks over at her sister who has a desolate look on her face as she listening to her iPod. Astrid gives her sister a sympathetic look and takes Bella's hand in hers. Bella looks over at her little sister and gives her a sad smile.

"It's going to be okay, Bells," The petite blonde tells her older sister.

"I know it will Astrid, I'm just going to miss the heat and the sun."

"Hey, but I'll be there, I'll be your personal sun!" Astrid tells Bella.

Bella giggles and squeezes her sister's hand.

Once they got to the airport, the girls say goodbye to their mother and stepfather and board the plane. Three hours later they land at the tiny airport in Port Angeles. Once inside the terminal, the girls start looking around for their father. Astrid spots Charlie first and runs up to him and gives him a hug.

"Daddy!"

"Hey princess, how's my girl?"

"Good, happy to be here, but Bella not so much," Astrid informs her father.

By that time, Bella has made her way towards her sister and father.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hey, Bells, I'm glad you're here, the both of you. Come on let head on home."

Charlie bends down to grab Astrid's suitcase but can barely lift it. Astrid giggles as she watches her dad struggle with her suitcase.

"Geez, princess, what do have in here, rocks?"

"Oh, Daddy, it's not that heavy, "Astrid says and easily lifts the suitcase and walks out of the airport.

Charlie gawks at his youngest daughter and turns to Bella, who has a smile on her face.

"She's abnormally strong, Dad."

"Yeah, I can see that," Charlie says as he takes Bella's suitcase instead.

They get to Charlie's squad car and Charlie opens the trunk. He lets Astrid put her own suitcase in herself while he loads Bella's. Astrid lets Bella ride shotgun while she gets in the back, she's hoping that this will give Charlie and Bella a chance to talk, but it turned out to be a bad idea. Charlie and Bella sit there in silence, making the car ride home very awkward. Soon enough, the trio reaches the city limits of Forks, Astrid looks up, admiring the clouds and the rain that is falling. Feeling more and more at home as the seconds go by.

Once they reach the house, Charlie gets off and helps Astrid out of the back seat. He pops the trunk and takes down Bella's suitcase.

"I'm not even going to try to lift yours, honey," Charlie tells Astrid.

"That's okay, Dad, I got it."

Astrid gets her suitcase and follows Bella and her dad into the house.

Charlie shows Bella to her room and then leaves her to unpack, while he leads Astrid up to the attic to her room to show her what he has done. Opening the door to her room, Charlie ushers Astrid in.

Astrid squeals when she sees the added skylights to her room.