Chapter 8 First Date.

So, the next day while Bella went with her friends to First Beach, Astrid cleaned the house, did the laundry and just hung out. after a while, she got bored and decided to go for a run. When she got back, she went down to the basement and took out her Katana to practice her Kenjutsu.  It's the hardest sword martial arts and something that Astrid excelled at. She had studied sword martial arts since she was six years old at the suggestion of her Sensai. He could see, even at such a young age, a warrior's spirit and he encouraged it. She was the most disciplined student he had ever had.

Though Renee was against it at first, when she saw how much it meant to Astrid she finally gave in. Now ten years later with hard work, she had advanced to Kenjutsu.

Astrid was so focused on her training that when she finally looked at the clock on the wall, it was almost five. She put her sword away and went upstairs to get ready for her date. She decided to wear a silver metallic shirt with black leather pants and black heels. For some odd reason, she had an affinity for silver, red and blue.

By the time she was ready, it was 7:00. She was just finishing up her makeup when the doorbell rang. Astrid calmly walks downstairs and answers the door, Emmett's eyes widen at the sight of her.

"Wow, you look amazing."

"Thank you look pretty good too."

Emmett smirked, "You think so?"

"Don't let that go to your head, Emmett. Let's just go."

"Alright, let's go."

Emmett opens the door to his Jeep and was about to help Astrid get in when she easily jumps in. She gives him a smirk and buckles the safety harness. He smiles at her and goes around to the driver's side and gets in.

"So where are we going," She asks as they drive off.

"I guess I can tell you now. We're going to an MMA fight in Port Angeles."

Astrid's eyes widen, "You're shitting me?"

"No, it isn't professional, we'd have to go to Seattle for that, I hope you don't mind?"

"Mind, are you kidding? This is great!"

Emmett chuckles, he loves the way her blue eyes sparkle with excitement.

They get to the warehouse where the fight is being held and Emmett buys the tickets. They go and sit in the front row, Astrid is so excited she can't sit still. In Phoenix, she normally went by herself to MMA fights. Bella couldn't stand how violent it was and her friends weren't into it as much as she was.

When the fighters' music started to play, Astrid and Emmett stood up with everyone else to watch them make their entrance. The got in the ring and the ref gave them the instructions. Then the match got underway. Astrid was screaming and yelling along with everyone else. She would yell at the fighters what moves to use and sometime they would actually listen.

Emmett watched the match and Astrid at the same time, he was fascinated by how the fighters fought and how into it Astrid was. Her body practically hummed with excitement. He had never seen her look more beautiful. She turned to look at him and gave Emmett the biggest smile, his dead heart swelled. It was at that moment he realized that she meant more to him than he realized.

When the fight was over, one of the trainers comes up to Astrid to talk to her.

"Hey, you know a lot about MMA, ever think about becoming a fighter?"

"Thanks, and yeah I have, but I'm only 16."

"Too bad, Kid, come back when you're 18 maybe we can work something out then."