Chapter 13 The Truth Hurts.

The next day Astrid woke up with a feeling of sadness and longing. She knew that the man and woman from her dream were her real parents and she knew that those dreams were memories. Every time she had those dreams she would always want to search for her real parents and that would make her feel a little guilty. As if she was betraying the people that raised her.

Astrid shook off the feeling and got up for school. She went to her bathroom to take a shower and get ready. Once she was ready she made her way downstairs and had a bowl of cereal for breakfast. She wasn't in the mood to make breakfast and wanted to leave as soon as possible. The last thing she wanted to see was Bella's stupid puppy dog face.

As soon as Astrid finished she went back upstairs to grab her bookbag and brush her teeth. She called Emmett to see if he could pick her up early.

“Yeah, no problem I'll be there in 10 minutes.”

Astrid waited in her room until Emmett showed up. When she went downstairs she heard Bella in the shower. She went outside and greeted Emmett, “Hey, Em.”

“Hey, Astrid, so why do you want to get to school so early?”

“Because the last thing I want to see is Bella and your stupid brother.”

Emmett nodded, “Okay, then let's go.”

They get to school and hang out for a while talking about their anatomy homework. People are slowly trickling into the parking lot and staring at them as they make their way towards the school. But with the death glare from Astrid, they quickly turn away. When Jessica, Angela, Mike, and Eric Jessica starts waving Astrid over. Astrid rolls her eyes and looks up at Emmett.

“Oh shit, I can only imagine what she wants.”

Emmett chuckles, “Are you going to talk to her?”

“Yeah, why not. Hey, I'll see you later, okay?”

“Yeah, my siblings just got here I'm going to go talk with them.”

Astrid nods then make her way over to Jessica and the others. The minute Astrid gets there Jessica grabs her arm, “Oh my god, are you like going out with Emmett Cullen?”

Astrid scoffs, “No, he and I are just friends.”

“Yeah, okay.”

Astrid glares at Jessica, “Are you calling me a liar? If I say we're just friends then that's what we are.”

Jessica begins to stutter, “N-no, of course, I'm not calling you a liar. And yeah I can totally see that you guys are just friends.” Then she smirks, “But does the same thing apply for your sister and Edward Cullen?”

Astrid turns around and sees Bella walking with Edward's arm around her shoulder. She rolls her eyes, “I don't know what the fuck is going on with her and that asshole,” She says loud enough for Edward to hear.

Edward's smile falls as his head whips around to look at Astrid who raises an eyebrow at him in a challenge. Bella turns to see what Edward is looking at and glares at her sister.

“Whoa, what was that about,” Eric asks.

“Nothing, just Bella being stupid,” Astrid says and walks off making her way towards school. She walks right past Bella and Edward and hears Edward commenting about what people are thinking. She rolls her eyes and makes a face, “Freak.” She says and walks off, how the hell does he know what people are thinking?

As Edward and Bella were approaching her locker when they see that Astrid is still there getting her stuff. Edward pauses and Bella looks at him confused, “Maybe I should let you go to your locker by yourself.”