Chapter 24 Divine Arrival

**NOT BETA'D ANY MISTAKES ARE MY OWN**

Thor and Diana arrive in the throne room where Odin and Frigga are attending court. They bow to Thor's parents, and Odin nods, “To what do we owe this visit, my son?”

“Father, Diana, and I would like to discuss with you our daughter,” Thor tells his father.

Odin stares at his son and daughter-in-law, “Clear the room.” Odin tells everyone.

The nobles bow to Odin and Frigga and leave the room, “What has happened with my granddaughter, Thor,” Frigga asks.

“As you know, Mother, Heimdall has been keeping an eye on her, and today Astrid has decided that she wants to search for her biological parents.”

“And we all know her endeavor will be fruitless since we are here on Asgard,” Diana says.

“So, Diana and I have decided that we are going down to retrieve our daughter,” Thor tells his parents.

Frigga smiles at her son, “I think that is a wonderful idea.”

Thor beams at his mother, “Thank you, Mother.”

Thor looks at his father, “Father?”

Thor looks at Diana and Thor for a bit longer then sits back in his throne. “I agree; it is time she learns who she is. But I want to know what has Heimdall found out about the creature that attacked her and the one that is courting her.”

Thor and Diana look at each other, “Your majesty, Heimdall has described the creature, and I believe that it is a vampire.” Diana tells Odin.

Frigga looks confused, “A vampire?”

“A creature with red eyes that roam around attacking humans and feeding off their blood, my dear,” Odin tells his wife.

“The difference is that this particular boy has only ever fed off the blood of animals, and he has gold eyes. He and his family have a permanent residence, and the young ones attend school with Astrid. He has never threatened Astrid, according to what Heimdall has reported,” Diana clarifies.

Odin's eye widens, he knew what those creatures were. Odin had run into them once or twice while he had visited Midgard. They had red eyes and their skin as hard as marble, but with Gungnir, he could easily destroy them. Odin could even use his bare hands to tear them apart if necessary, and their fangs could not pierce the skin of an Asgardian. But as much as Odin disliked Midgardians, he thought even less of vampires. They were savage and had no self-control.  The fact that these particular vampires lead a semi-normal domestic life intrigued him.

“You have my permission to bring my granddaughter home. You, Diana, and Loki will go down and retrieve her,” Odin pauses for a moment, “Bring the creature with you.”

Thor and Diana bow and leave the throne room. Thor and Diana go to the garden where Loki sits under a tree reading a book. Loki doesn't even bother to look up from his book, “To what do I owe this visit from my sweet sister and my oaf brother?” Loki says as he turns the page.

Thor grins at Loki, “Brother, it is time.”

Loki looks up from his book and studies Diana and Thor's faces, “You are finally going to retrieve my niece?”

“Not only us, Loki, but Odin has also ordered for you to accompany Thor and me,” Diana explains.

Loki closes his book, “Why?”

Thor's brow furrows, “I do not know. Perhaps he thought that you could help us understand these Midgardians better?”

Loki laughs, “I understand these mortals as much as you do, Brother. If anyone understands them, it's Diana.” Loki says and nods towards his sister-in-law.