Chapter 22 Finally Found.

Heimdall was observing the cosmos as he did every day, paying particular attention for any signs of the lost Princess. It had been 16 years since the Dark Elves had kidnapped the child of Prince Thor of Asgard and Princess Diana of Themyscira. They had somehow been able to slip past his all-seeing eyes and get into the palace. There was a mighty battle, and the Dark Elves were defeated but using the last of their dark magic, they cast a spell on the child, banishing her from Asgard and hiding her from Heimdall's sight.

Since that day, Heimdall has kept a vigil for the child. He blamed himself for her kidnapping and would not relent under any circumstances. So he was quite surprised when the first signs that could lead to Astrid were found on Midgard.

Heimdall focused all his attention on the little primitive planet and waited. He finally saw it. Somewhere in the city in the desert, an unnatural weather pattern was beginning to occur. He focused his eyes more then gasped. There in his sight was a girl who was a replica of Thor in a building being held by the neck by some creature. He was going to call for help and open the Bifrost when the girl called forth lightning and struck the creature causing it to turn to ash.

Heimdall's eyes widen, He could not believe it. After 16 years of searching, the spell had worn off, and he was finally able to locate Princess Astrid. Wasting no time, Heimdall leaves his post and makes his way to the palace.

In the War Room, Odin, Allfather, Prince Thor, and Prince Loki are discussing strategies with their generals to quell the unrest that is happening in the other realms. Heimdall does not wait to be announced as he burst through the door. Bowing before Odin, he waits for Odin to acknowledge him.

“Heimdall, to what do we owe your hasty arrival to our war council,” Odin asks.

“Your Majesty, I have finally found the Princess.”

“Clear the room!” Odin commands.

His generals bow and make a hasty retreat.

Thor and Loki look at each other, a hopeful smile begins to bloom on Thor's face, “Heimdall, are you sure it is my Astrid?”

“Without a doubt, My Prince. The girl is your mirror image and has your abilities.”

“What do you mean, Heimdall,” Loki also asks in a hopeful tone.

“My Prince, I saw her call down a bolt of lightning and strike down an enemy. I believe it was unintentional as she looked quite frightened afterward.”

Thor grinned at his brother, “She has my powers,” He said and punched Loki on the shoulder. Loki glared at his brother.

Odin ignored his sons, “Where is my granddaughter?”

“Midgard, My King.”

“Of course, that was the last place we would have thought to look,” Loki comments.

Odin nods agreeing with Loki.

Thor is now beginning to get frustrated, “We are wasting time. We shall inform my wife. She and I will go collect our daughter.”

“No.”

Thor, Loki, and Heimdall all stare at the Allfather. They could not believe what Odin was saying.

“Father, why should we wait any longer to go for Astrid? We know it's her we know where she is, there is no point in waiting!” Thor growls.

“Heimdall, you said she was being attacked, by whom?”

“Some creature.”

“Was she alone?”

“No, a female Midgardian was with her.”