Chapter 9 Studying

Astrid shut the door and was about to go upstairs when Bella came out of the kitchen. She leaned against the doorframe and smirked at her little sister.

"So, how was your date?"

"It was alright."

"Just alright, where did Emmett take you?"

He took me to an MMA match in Port Angeles.

"He didn't?"

"He sure did."

"You must have loved that."

"Yeah it was great, we sat in the front row and I started telling the fighters what moves to use. Then at the end of the night, a trainer approached me and asked if I wanted to join."

"You're joking."

"Nope, but I told him I was only 16, but that I would ask for permission to train."

"You're really going to ask Dad?"

"Yeah, if he says yes, Emmett said he'd take me. How was your day?"

"I heard something really interesting about the Cullens," Bella tells her little sister.

"Oh, yeah and, what's that?"

Bella went on to tell her everything that Jacob had told her. That all that information made her think that maybe the Cullens weren't human.

Then suddenly it occurred to Astrid, "You know when Emmett took me out to eat, he didn't order anything for himself. He said he was on a special diet."

"See that's weird."

"Maybe, I assumed he was on a low carb high protein diet," Astrid tells her sister.

"There's more to the Cullens than meets the eye," Bella says.

"Well, whatever, I really don't care one way or the other. It doesn't affect me in any way that they're different, but good luck to you unraveling this mystery."

"Thanks."

Astrid said goodnight to her sister and went up to her room. She went to her bathroom, took off her makeup and got ready for bed. She got into bed, turned out the light. She wondered briefly what the Cullens were, but shrugged it off and went to sleep.

The next day she is rudely awakened by the ringing of her cell phone. Astrid looks at the caller ID and sighs.

"What's up, Emmett?"

"Hey did I wake you, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, what did you want?"

"I was wondering if we're still on for today?"

"Yeah, I told you to come by at noon. Oh, my dad will be here so he's going to want to meet you."

"Alright, thanks for the heads up. Well, I'll let you get back to sleep. I'll see you at noon."

"Fine, fine, I'll see you then."

With that, Astrid hung up. She turned over onto her back and stared at the clouds rolling by. She knew she would never get back to sleep so Astrid decided to get up and make breakfast for her dad and sister.

Astrid gets up, goes to the bathroom to shower and change. When she was dressed, she went downstairs and started making French Toast. Astrid thought that if she made a nice breakfast for her dad maybe she could convince him to give her permission to train for the MMA.

By the time Astrid finished breakfast, Bella and Charlie were up. Bella came downstairs first and goes into the kitchen. She looked at her little sister and smirked, she knew that all this was just to butter Charlie up.