Chapter 10 - The Files

Teddy wandered towards them
"What is this?" he asked, Lily looked to him
"We don't know, when you left the owl just appeared" Teddy stared at her, perplexed.
"Nothing can get through the wards unless...." He trailed off. Albus looked up
"Unless they were keyed into the wards by dad, which means it really is Lestrange" Teddy turned to Albus, a questioning look in his eyes. Albus smiled
"I already checked for spells that will harm any of us, the paper is just paper" Teddy grinned, a proud smile on his face. He reached forward and grabbed his fie. He opened it and began reading.

Name: Edward Remus Lupin
D.O.B – April 1998
Parents – Remus lupin (D.0.D 2nd May 1998) Nymphadora Tonks (D.O.D 2nd May 1998)
Legal Guardians – Andromeda Tonks (D.O.D – 23rd March 2005) Harry Potter (Godfather)

Charges – Child abduction, Child neglect, Perverting the course of justice, processing illegal documents and threatening ministry officials.

The children looked to Teddy shocked
"Jesus Christ Teddy, what the hell did you do?" James asked, Teddy shook his head
"I... I don't know" they continued to read the report which outlined Teddy's crimes. They included things that had happened months prior, such as telling the ministry officials that the children were under his care and any attempt to separate them would result in them running off. They said that Teddy had aided in the kidnapping of the children as he never reported Harry to any officials in the years they were away, never mind he, himself was a child. It was the last line that had the potters fuming the most. It turned out that Molly and Ron had been reporting all their actions to the ministry, Molly had detailed their weird workout routine, highlighting that Albus was always pushed harder than the other. She also stated that Albus seemed to be swaying to the idea of staying with Ginny's family, but the other potters and Teddy shot his idea down. The growled
"What the fuck!" Yelled Lily. The boys turned to her, shocked. Lilly never swore, Teddy was going to tell her off, but James got there before him
"Lily Luna Potter, don't you dare use that language!"
"Who are you? Dad? No so shut up besides you say it all the time!" she retorted.
"Do as I say, not as I do"
"Oh shut up" she yelled. Teddy raised his hands for silence.
"That's enough, look this mess seems to stem from the fact that apparently the French government were refusing to work the British and wouldn't confirm or deny whether the document was indeed, legal. Teddy stared at his papers before reading Ginny's file. The file documented Ginny's murder, complete with pictures. Teddy felt sick looking at the odd angle Ginny's body was twisted and how much blood covered her torso. The report detailed that at least two unknown assailants entered the Potter home, which at the time was Grimmuald place. The two intruders had tried to get into Harry's office, evident by the marks at the handle and the broken door frame. The report continued on saying that Ginny had fought to defend the home and was unsuccessful. Teddy sighed, wondering what it had to do with anything until a piece of paper slipped out. On the piece of paper seemed to be an extract of a psychotic evaluation.

The patient (H.J.P) seems to have an obsession with his wife's death, claiming that someone he knows had a part in the what he calls, a sinister plot. When asked who the patient was unable to answer, due to this and his lack of self-preservation in the field it is my opinion that he be placed on sick leave indefinitely.

The children looked confused
"Who would hurt mum? The report says it was ruled as a break in gone wrong, why would dad think any different?" Albus asked. Teddy hung his head
"I don't know, I doubt we'll find out" The children hung their heads. Stood away from them Slinky frowned, she wanted to help them, but she was bound to secrecy by the master of the house. It broke her heart to have to watch his children fall apart at the mystery that had haunted her master since her mistress's death. So, with that in mind she disaparated.

Later that night Slinky apparated into the living room, another elf in tow. Teddy stood up, being the only one awake.
"Slinky are you okay? Wait... Kreacher?" Teddy asked, shocked. The elf nodded, and Teddy wanted to laugh. When the break in happened Kreacher had disappeared and Teddy thought the aged elf had died but here he was. A little older, a little wrinkled but alive.
"Teddy Lupin, it's nice to see you again" Teddy bowed his head and shook Kreachers hand, a weird gesture between a wizard and elf but one Teddy did anyways. Slinky looked to Kreacher
"Master is missing, the boy needs to know" Teddy pulled a face at being called boy but listened to them anyway.
"Harry forbid it Slinky"
"No he forbids the elves and animals of Potter Manor to say anything but not you" Kreacher hung his head.
"Is he alive?" Kreacher asked, Teddy looked at the elves in earnest
"Yes... his magic is still flowing through our veins" Slinky said. Kreacher looked to Teddy
"Your godfather always one to get in trouble, the spitfire he called a wife seemed to be the only one that could keep him in line" he chuckled he talked before grabbing Teddy's hand.
"I am about to show you something which will betray Harry's trust but as I am no longer his elf it matters not" Teddy was about to ask what he was on about when they apparated out of Potter manor to nearly one thousand miles away. To the place where Ginny Weasley died, to the place Teddy spent most of his childhood. To Grimmuald place.