1 - Meet Kara

Kara's POV-

Backstory-

Hi, my name is Kara and I am 22 years old. I like to write and read, but also learn about the stars and other planets. I am the daughter of Alura and Zor-El. My mother is part of Krypton's High Council of Krypton and she is a judicator, while my father is a great scientist. My family is very well known on Krypton, so everyone around here (mostly Argo City) knows who I am. On Krypton, our main language is Kryptonian but all of us here also speak English. Here we have a democracy and it is very peaceful but our sister planet Daxam is the opposite. Daxam is a monarchy which keeps its people drunk to hide the fact that the planet is horrible. The royal family is the worst though, especially their prince. I have heard rumors that the prince is a total frat boy, that goes to a parties every night and brings back a different woman every time. The planet disgusts me, on Krypton we learn to be respectful and kind, while on Daxam they probably don't learn anything at all. We even have a saying for Daxamites, "May tex kolar Daxam.", I couldn't even repeat it in English. Centuries ago, our planets had a terrible war which led to the death of many people. Since then our planets have hated each other. But recently, I have heard around Argo that we are trying to organize a peace treaty with Daxam which I'm not too happy about.

---Today---

Today is any other ordinary day in Krypton. I wake up and I start to get ready. I put on this nice white dress with a glyph of the House of El on it. I leave my room and go downstairs to meet my parents for breakfast. It seemed that my mom had prepared the usual. I sit down and start to eat, my mom then begins to talk.

Alura: "Kara, your father and I have some news to tell you, that you won't like."

Kara: "Is something wrong, did something happen?" I ask worriedly

Zor-El: "We know that you have heard the rumors of a peace treaty with Daxam. And we wanted to let you know that the royal family of Daxam is coming here to Krypton so we can sort some things out."

I almost spit out all the food that was in my mouth.

Kara: "Okay I get that they are coming here, but what does that have to do with me or you two?"

Alura: "Well, since I am a very high rank in Krypton's High Council, the others did not accept, so the royal family will be staying here." I couldn't believe my ears, why did they have to stay with us? I just hope that their son isn't coming here because I am not looking forward to seeing him bring woman after woman, which could be one of my friends, into my house.

Kara: "Will it only be the King and the Queen or will they also bring their playboy son." I say while rolling my eyes

Alura: "Yes and I hope you will be respectful, even though it might be dreadful."

Kara: "I will, I promise."

Zor-El: "Well they arrive tonight, so try to be back home from your plans today at around 6 pm."

Kara: "Okay, well now I have to go meet Thara"

Alura: "Have fun" my mother says while I leave to go meet with Thara

I leave my house at start to walk to Thara's house so we can then head to our secret hang out spot. Thara is my best friend for as long as I can remember. We do almost everything together. She is in training to become the Chief Peace Officer on Argo.

When I arrive, I knock on her door.

Thara: "Kara! Are you ready to go"

Kara: "Yes. I have so many things to tell you"

Thara: "Me too"

We then walk to one of Argo's old secluded gardens. We have been coming here since we were 9 years old, just so we could hang out and talk about gossip. After about a 5 minute walk, we get there.