14 - What are friends for?

Mon-El's POV-

Kara and I have been friends now for over 1 month. It was now early October. Today Kara was going out with Thara, so I decided to just stay home. I was searching around the house for something to do when I found a book in the kitchen. It was a cookbook. I decided to make something, I had always had an interest in cooking. By the time Kara had come back, I had practically made everything in the book. All open counter space was filled with food. When Kara saw everything, she was surprised.

Kara: "Uhhh, Mon-El?" I turn around

Mon-El: "Hey Kara, what's up? How was it with Thara?"

Kara: "It was good. I'm just wondering who made all of this food"

Mon-El: "I did"

Kara: "Am I hearing this right? I thought that a prince wouldn't even know how to make something as simple as a sandwich."

Mon-El: "That's kind of offensive"

Kara: "Sorry, but usually princes get served and never have to do anything like cooking. How did you do all of this in literally only a few hours that I was gone?"

Mon-El: "It is true, we don't get taught many life skills. But as a child, I would always like to go to the kitchen and see how all the food was made, I used to think it was so cool. So now I guess that I've found a new hobby/interest. Also, it turns out that books have a lot of useful information." I say while holding up the book

Kara: "Well let's try out your food" She walks over to the counter and points at something "What's this?"

Mon-El: "I don't actually know but I'm pretty sure it's not a dessert."

Kara: "Okay," She said questioningly

She took a piece and ate it. I couldn't tell if she liked it or not because a look of surprise was on her face.

Kara: "Mon-El, this is amazing and this is definitely not a dessert." he laughs

Mon-El: "Really?"

Kara: "Yeah, I was not expecting this to be so good. I'm going to need you to make this every week."

Mon-El: "Okay"

Kara: "We can start like a tradition, every Friday you make this and we sit down, talk and eat it."

Mon-El: "That sounds great. So, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?"

Kara: "No, I was thinking maybe we could go out in the city and walk around."

Mon-El: "Sure. I just need to figure out what to do with all this food first."

Kara: "Why don't we take it to my parents' house, they will know what to do with it."

Mon-El: "Okay. Let me just take a quick shower and get changed, I've been in these clothes the whole day."

Kara: "That's fine, I'll try and pack some of these things up."

I went to my bathroom and took a shower. I decided to take my time, what I didn't know is that I took a very long time. I had finally got out of the shower and I was leaving my bathroom, but I didn't have a towel on. When I went out, there was a knock at the door and then Kara walked in.

Kara: "Mon-El, what's taking so long?" she then looked up and saw me naked

She was definitely surprised, I was kind of frozen. I quickly grabbed one of my shirts that was on my bed and covered myself up. She turned her face and covered her eyes.

Mon-El: "Kara, what are you doing in here?"

Kara: "I was knocking on your door to ask why you were taking so long, but you didn't answer. So, I walked in. I'm sorry, I should probably go."