16 - Kara's Birthday

-December-

Kara's POV-

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm not very excited. I never really liked my birthday ever since I was 6 years old. Once I had a birthday party and I invited everyone from my Kanar-Onn class. But when it came the day, only 3 people showed up including Thara and Del-Or. It was really embarrassing, so ever since then, I never really liked to celebrate my birthday. All I did was go on a walk, maybe buy a cake and then have dinner with my family.

But this year, it's going to be different, especially with Mon-El around. Well, I haven't even told him that it's my birthday tomorrow yet, so I don't know.

It was currently around 3 pm and I was in the living room, writing in my journal. Soon, Mon-El came out of his room and sat next to me on the couch.

Mon-El: "So Kara, what should we do tomorrow?"

Kara: "I don't know, I was thinking of going out with Thara"

Mon-El: "Ok. What about after that?"

Kara: "Well it's my birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to have dinner after with my family."

Mon-El: "Wait, what? It's your birthday tomorrow?! Why didn't you ever tell me?"

Kara: "It's not a big deal, also I don't really like to celebrate my birthday"

Mon-El: "Why?"

Kara: "Well once I had a party and I invited a bunch of people, and only 3 of them showed up. So, it kind of made me not like my birthday"

Mon-El: "Well you should like your birthday, it's important. How old are you turning?"

Kara: "I'm turning 22"

Mon-El: "Kara! We need to throw a party"

Kara: "No, Mon-El. I don't want one."

Mon-El: "Are you sure?"

Kara: "Yes, I am sure"

Mon-El: "Okay. But why don't you do something different this year, like maybe you, me, Thara and Lir-Al can all go to that bar we had gone to."

Kara: "I don't know. I've been doing the same thing every year, it's like a tradition"

Mon-El: "That's exactly why we should go to the bar!"

Kara: "Okay, let me call Thara"

I called Thara, and she said it was a great idea. I guess that we are going to the bar. Yay, I guess.

-The Next Day-

I wake up the next day with the sound of someone entering my room. I had my eyes still closed because I was really tired. Then my eyes immediately shot open when I smelt food. I propped myself up in my bed and saw Mon-El putting the food on my desk. He then noticed I was awake.

Mon-El: "Kara, good morning! Also, Happy Birthday"

Kara: "Thanks and good morning to you too. What did you make?"

Mon-El: "Your favorite"

Kara: "Thanks"

Mon-El: "So what time should we go to the bar?"

Kara: "It's still the morning, so I think maybe later like at 5 or 6 pm."

Mon-El: "Okay. Well, I'm going to go now. Enjoy your breakfast"

He was about to leave my room.

Kara: "Wait! Mon-El, why don't you eat breakfast with me? It looks like you made way too much food."