11- Wedding Pt.1

-Wedding Day-

Mon-El's POV-

I wake up. The realization that I was getting married today suddenly hit me. Yes, I knew the whole time, but it didn't really feel real until now. I get up from bed and check the time: 9:00 am. I was already behind schedule. I had to be prepared to go to the wedding venue at 11 am. I went into my bathroom and took a warm shower. I got out and started to get ready. I was almost ready (10:15 am) but I was still trying to figure out how to put on my tie. I was standing in front of the mirror in my room when Kara came into my room wearing a robe, with makeup on and her hair put up.

 I was standing in front of the mirror in my room when Kara came into my room wearing a robe, with makeup on and her hair put up

Mon-El: "What are you doing in here, you know that it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding, right?"

Kara: "That's just a silly old legend from Earth. And I went out to the balcony for a second and I saw that you were struggling to put your tie on." She walked over to me and started to put on my tie

Mon-El: "How and when did you learn how to do this?"

Kara: "I don't really know, actually. I guess that all women are just born with the ability to put ties on other people." She smiles at me and I awkwardly smile back.

Kara: "Okay, I think you are ready. I should go back to my room and continue to get ready too. I'll see you at the wedding. Bye"

Mon-El: "Bye" Kara then left the room

After a few minutes my father enters the room.

Lar Gand: "Are you ready?"

Mon-El: "Almost."

Lar Gand: "Son, I know that this isn't what you wanted. But, you know that this is good for the people."

Mon-El: "Yes, I know. But, never in a million years did I ever think that I would get married."

Lar Gand: He chuckles "Me neither."

Mon-El: "We should start going to the wedding venue, it's already 11."

Lar Gand: "Yes, let me just check on your mother to see if she is ready."

Mon-El: "Okay"

My father leaves my room. After the wedding today, Kara and I will be moving into our new house. We were supposed to move in on the day of the engagement party, but after what I did, we never got to it. I still regret ever trying to kiss her, I knew that she wouldn't have those feeling for me and I don't have those for her too, at least I think I don't. I wish that I never had to ever speak to Kara again, but now that we are getting married that will be very difficult. I still had a few more things that I needed to pack, my parents had brought most of my things from Daxam already packed. I then heard my mother start to call my name from downstairs. That was my cue to go there, so I wasn't able to finish packing completely.

I go downstairs and see my parents waiting for me.

Rhea: "What took you so long to get down here?"

Mon-El: "I was just packing some of my things up."

Lar Gand: "Let's just go"

We all go downstairs and get into the transport vehicle. [There weren't many transport vehicles on Krypton because they were considered not very safe, but Mon-El's parents insisted on it.] The wedding venue wasn't very far from here by car, but it wasn't in usual walking distance.

-30 minutes later-

We got to the place where the wedding was going to be held. I walked in and there were many people there waiting for the wedding to begin. The wedding would only start in about 40 minutes, and Kara would be arriving here with her mother, father, and Thara in about 45 minutes.

I got into the venue and saw many Kryptonians around talking to each other. There were also some Daxamites, mostly ambassadors and generals, only government people. But I also saw my best friend, Ol-Vir. Ol-Vir wasn't a very good guy, he slept around and mistreated many people, but he became my best and only friend. Ol-Vir is a very, should I say, "special" person. He is the descendant of a Kryptonian war general and a Daxamite senator. This was the first cases of a Kryptonian and Daxamite falling in love. His family is very important on both Daxam and Krypton, and since he is partly Kryptonian, he is welcome on this planet. Ol-Vir walked over to me and gave me a "bro" hug.

Ol-Vir: "Mon-El! What's up dude?"

Mon-El: "Ol-Vir. I wasn't expecting to see you here." I didn't want him here, bad things always happen when Ol-Vir is around.

Ol-Vir: "I couldn't miss my best friend's wedding"

Mon-El: "I thought that you didn't believe in marriage, because someone can not be with the same person for the rest of their lives."

Ol-Vir: "I know, but you are going to be with other people, aren't you?"

Mon-El: "Actually, I'm not. I'm not the same person that I was 2 weeks ago."

Ol-Vir: "Yea right"

Mon-El: "I'm being serious"

Ol-Vir: "If you say so." He then sees a girl smiling at him "I'm gonna go talk to her, see you later"

Mon-El: "Classic Ol-Vir"

-Time passes-

I see Kara's mother, Thara and Lir-Al enter the venue.

Mon-El: "Is Kara here?"

Alura: "Yes, she is in the back with her father. Now, shall we start this wedding?"

Mon-El: "Yes"

All of the guests enter the place where the actual wedding will take place. I was waiting outside of the doors and my mother was there too.

Rhea: "Son, I know that you don't hear this often, but you know that your father and I love you."

Mon-El: "I love you both too, despite how much it pains me to admit it."

Rhea: "Now, go get married. I want you to at least shed one tear to pretend to care about Kara."

Mon-El: "Okay mother"

My mother goes into the room and sits down. Then, I open the doors and walk down the aisle. I get to the altar and then I wait for Kara to walk down with her father.

Author's Note-

I know that I said I wasn't going to be able to post a chapter today, but I decided to split this part into 2. It was getting close to 3,000 words, so on Friday expect part 2 of this wedding. I hope you liked this chapter and thank you for reading. Also thank you for 800 views! Happy New Years Eve! :)