9 - "Kiss"

Kara's POV-

I wake up. I start to get ready for a normal day when I remember that I have to get ready for my "engagement" party. Then I also remember that Mon-El tried to kiss me last night. {To be honest he is pretty handsome, especially without a shirt. Gosh, Kara, STOP! He isn't the type of person I would ever wanna be with. He is sometimes really kind to me sometimes but other times he can be a total jerk. I just hope that our friendship process hasn't been affected and I hope that things aren't awkward.} For my outfit, I put on a long dress and white heels.

It was 11 am and I went and knocked on Mon-El's room to see if he was ready yet

It was 11 am and I went and knocked on Mon-El's room to see if he was ready yet. He didn't answer so I went to knock again but then he opened the door. He was in a suit, and he looked really good in it.

Kara: "You dress up nice"

Mon-El: "You too, you look very beautiful"

Kara: "Thank you, So are you ready to go"

Mon-El: "Yea"

We go downstairs and meet my mother and father there, they are also dressed up. We all then start to go to the place that the engagement party will be held. Rhea had specifically informed us to not have it held in an open place even though she won't be there. We were getting there a bit earlier because we had to make sure that nothing was wrong. It was still awkward with Mon-El, it's going to be even harder now to pretend to love him. I messed everything up, but I just don't like him that way and I don't think he likes me that way either. Now how am I going to marry someone I'm nowhere close to even being friends with. We get to the place where the party will be held, a beautiful garden that was under a dome (not outside). Even though it was being held in the garden, we still payed for a florist because I wanted white tulips. They had to be specially ordered because they come from Earth, one of our Kryptonian ambassadors had visited and they collected some flower seeds then brought them back here, and we grew them. We got there after a few minutes of walking. Everything was even more beautiful than it was yesterday. If this wasn't an arranged marriage, I probably would be super excited right now. The wedding was in 4 days. Today, after the party, Mon-El and I are going to start moving into our new house. I haven't seen it yet, but I know that there are 4 rooms and 4 bathrooms. That's good because it means I don't have to share a room with Mon-El, which would be even more awkward.

After an hour of final preparations, people began to show up. First it was Thara and Lir-Al and their families, then my uncle Jor-El with his wife and Kal-El. And then everyone else showed up. Kal-El was going to be the ring bearer at the wedding. Mon-El hasn't bought me a courtship ring yet, which is fine, but the wedding is soon and people will start to wonder why I don't have a courtship ring. [I call it courtship ring because in 2x07, Mon-El called a wedding/ engagement ring a courtship ring.] We were having a good time, many people asked Mon-El how we met, how long we've been together, etc. We already knew that this was going to happen, so we made a story up :

My family and I were taking a trip to Star Haven, it turns out that the royal family of Daxam was too. We had accidentally bumped into each other and instantly fell in love. We tried to spend as much time together until we had to go back home. Then we told our parents of our love, they were hesitant. Then Mon-El proposed, our parents also saw this as a chance to unite our planets. This all happened 1 year ago.

We were trying to find a backstory until one night I was doing my nightly routine, then when I went to write, I got the perfect idea. It made it seem like we were in love and that it wasn't an arranged marriage at all. Also the time stamp was actually Mon-El's ideas, he thought that it wouldn't be believable if this all happened just 2 weeks ago. People loved our "love" story even though he was a Daxamite. The people started to warm up to the idea of peace with Daxam since a Kryptonian was able to fall in love with one of them. Now it was time for the toast, Mon-El and I stood up and he questioningly put his arm around my waist while I put my hand around his back. We grabbed our champagne glasses and raised them. I then started to say something:

Kara: "Thank you all for coming here today to celebrate my engagement to prince Mon-El of Daxam. I hope that our planets can now live in a state of peace. The reason why you all are here, is that you are all important to my family and I. I wanted to spend this glorious day with the people I care about." 

Then from a distance someone shouted "Kiss". I then looked up at Mon-El, he didn't seem to know what to do either. 

Kara: "I don't think it would be that appropriate to do that" I tried to sound as nice as possible

People then started to chant "Kiss". One person said "Come on, it's your engagement party, you'll kiss in front of people on your wedding anyways" Then I looked back up at Mon-El, he started to get red of embarrassment which was pretty cute, then he just shrugged. I didn't know what happened to me, but then I kissed him. The kiss surprised Mon-El but then he eased into it, for a moment everything seemed right. The kiss kept going on and it felt like we were there forever but then people started to cheer and we got snapped back into reality. After, Mon-El and I just pretended that the kiss never happened. Honestly, I have been thinking about the kiss for the rest of the party. It was an amazing kiss, I never expected to ever think that. The party went by very fast, it was actually really nice. I mostly spent time with Thara and my parents.

Once the party ended, Mon-El and I went back to my house and started to pack a couple of our things. We were really tired, so we didn't actually go and see the house. I then go to sleep.

Author's POV-

Thank you for reading this story and for 500 views. I hope that you liked this chapter even though it was a little short. Merry Christmas Eve.