18 - We're Dating!

Author's POV-

It has been one month or so since Kara and Mon-El went on their date. They have been loving being together. They alternate between sleeping in each other's rooms, they still aren't "living together" as in sharing a room. They still haven't told anyone about their relationship. Thara, though, has been suspecting that something is going on. Also, Kara's job has been great. She loves it a lot.

Kara and Mon-El were currently on the couch having a little make-out session. Mon-El was sitting on the couch but had his legs laid on it. Kara was on top of him, straddling him. She had her left arm around his neck and her other hand pulling him closer to her. He had his right hand grabbing onto her waist. Their lips were moving in sync. Mon-El started to move his hand higher and under Kara's shirt. Then Kara heard someone knock on the front door. She immediately stopped kissing Mon-El.

Mon-El: "Kara, what is it?"

Kara: "Someone is at the door"

Mon-El: "Are you sure you just didn't here something? Because I didn't hear it."

Kara: "Well you were distracted since we were kissing."

Mon-El: "True, but if someone was really at the door, they would knock again and they haven't."

Kara: "You're probably right. I'm just being paranoid. It's hard having to sneak around my family and friends that actually know about the arranged marriage."

Mon-El: "You were the one that wanted to keep us a secret."

Kara: "I know, but now I'm thinking we should tell them. To everyone else in Krypton, we are married and that we are in love and stuff. So, now that we really are in a relationship, would it make that much of a difference? I feel like it just would make things better."

Mon-El: "If you want to tell them, then we can. If we weren't in the situation we are in, I would have thrown a whole parade. But, I just don't want my parents to find out because if they do, they will think even less of me. They think that me being in lo ... that me actually wanting to be with a Kryptonian is beneath me. That it would just prove how much a disappointment I am to them. I know that I shouldn't care about what they think of me, but I still do. Even though they are terrible people and did terrible things to me and everyone else, I still care for them deep down."

Kara: "And that isn't a bad thing. Your parents are still your parents and I bet that one day they were good, and I'm sure they care for you in their own way. And do you wanna know something?"

Mon-El: "What?"

Kara: "I don't think you're a disappointment. I think you are amazing. You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me."

Mon-El: "You really think so?"

Kara: "Of course"

He smiled at her. She smiled back and then kissed him for a long time. That one long kiss began another make-out session. They were back in the same position as before.

A couple of minutes passed of them like that. Then Kara heard something at the door again, but this time instead of a knock, she heard the lock being opened. The door had now been unlocked and the door handle had just been turned. Kara jumped off of Mon-El and sat next to him on the couch. The door finally opened, revealing Alura.

Kara: "Mom, what are you doing here?"

Alura: "I came here to ask if you and Mon-El wanted to join your father and me for dinner."

Kara: "Yeah, sure. But, how did you get in here?"

Alura: "I knocked at first, but you didn't answer. So, I used the spare key I had."