10 - Mon-El's Parents Come Back

-3 days pass-

Mon-El's POV-

The past few days, it has been really awkward between Kara and I. We haven't talked that much, except for when we really have to. Tomorrow is the wedding, and I am not prepared to be a married man in a relationship with a woman that hates me. I won't ever be able to find love, I will never have intimacy or passion. The last time I will probably kiss someone is tomorrow.

Around the house, it has been really hectic with all the final preparations for the wedding. Today, I have to buy courtship rings for Kara and I, I also have to buy her an engagement ring. I didn't ask Kara to come with me because I didn't want us to end up fighting over something stupid or have there be awkwardness. I didn't know where to buy the rings though, so I asked Alura. She was in the kitchen talking with who I think was the wedding planner.

Mon-El: "Mrs.Zor-El, I was wondering where I could go and buy a ring for Kara."

Alura: "There is a jewelry store near the bakery you and Kara went to for the wedding cake, also you don't have to call me that, you can just call me Alura"

Mon-El: "Okay, thanks Alura. Bye"

Alura: "Bye"

I started walking to the bakery because I still don't know where the store is exactly. The time flew by so fast that I had gotten to the bakery and it was 2 pm. I then start to look around and I see the jewelry store. I then walk in. I immediately go to one of the sales people and ask them for help. They direct me to a jewelry case with many engagement rings. I saw this really pretty one that I think Kara might like. I then looked at the wedding bands, and I found great ones. I then paid for the rings and then I went back to Kara's house. I went to my room to take a nap. Tonight, my parents are going to arrive here and then we are all going to rehearse the wedding. It only took a few seconds for me to fall asleep.

-3 and 1/2 hours later-

I start to wake up with someone yelling my name. I rub my eyes and I see that it is Kara.

Mon-El: "What is it?"

Kara: "You have to get ready, your parents will be arriving soon." When she said "parents" she rolled her eyes

Mon-El: "Okay" I get up from bed and then I go to the bathroom to get ready while Kara leaves my room.

After a few minutes, I go downstairs and I meet with everyone. We all start to head to where my parent's ship will land. I wasn't really looking forward to seeing them again. It didn't take too long for us to get there. I could see my parent's ship coming closer to the land until it finally got here. They exited the ship trying to look like they are better than everyone else, which they aren't.

Alura: "Queen Rhea, King Lar Gand. It is very nice to see you two again. I hope your trip was good." She was trying to be as nice as possible even though I know that she doesn't like my parents.

Lar Gand: "Yes, it was good."

Rhea: "I just wish we weren't coming here." She then turns to my father "As soon as this wedding is over, we are leaving"

Kara: "Why don't we start to head to the house, we have some small wedding preparations to do." We all start walking back to Kara's house. My parents are so lazy, that they literally dropped their luggage on the Kryptonian guards that were with us.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived to Kara's house. Once we entered the house, my mother started ordering people around and she demanded to see the wedding dress. While they did that, my father and I went to my room to make sure that my suit looked good.