15 - Thara's Wedding

Kara's POV-

It was now around the middle of November. Time really flies here on Krypton. It has been 3 months since that night that Mon-El was so drunk, he told me that he liked me and since we have been friends. For the past few weeks, Mon-El and I have been taking care of Kal every once and a while. It made me smile to see how Mon-El and Kal were becoming friends. I have also been helping Thara with her wedding planning. Thara and Lir-Al decided to move up there wedding to next week, it was unexpected, but I like seeing my best friend so happy and in love. As Mon-El is now my husband, he will be my plus one. Not too many people are happy about this, but what can they do?

Currently, I am out with my mother. We are going out to shop for our outfits for Thara's wedding. It was fun, dress shopping, it reminded me of the days when I was a child and my mom would take me with her to go buy dresses for her high-class events since she was part of the High Council. We had just finished picking out our outfits to try on. I had chosen 4 dresses to try on, but I already knew which one I wanted to buy.

After a few hours, we go back to my parents' house. I was in the living room with my parents talking about everything. We hadn't talked like this since before I got married.

Kara: "Mom, dad. I should probably go now, Mon-El is probably waiting for me."

Alura: "Ok, bye sweetheart."

Zor-El: "Bye"

Kara: "Bye mom, bye dad"

I then left their house and walked over to mine. I walked in to see Mon-El in the kitchen making our Friday night dinner. We had actually started that tradition, it was nice to sit and talk with each other sometimes. Mon-El used to be so closed off to me, so this way he had no excuses. But, I also have to admit that I haven't really opened up that much to him. Yes, I answer all the questions he asks, but I don't tell him personal things, I just tell him things that make me look like a normal Kryptonian. I can admit that I have had troubles, people sometimes made fun of me when I was a child because I was always so focused on school. People told me that I wouldn't be able to sustain the great responsibility of being part of the House of El and that I wouldn't be able to lead it one day, even if I tried really hard. They also told me that they were glad my uncle had produced an offspring, so he could take the lead one day. It honestly hurt. Kryptonians are very good people, but every person has flaws. The only friends I really had while growing up was Thara and her cousin. I've never really told anyone about these things before, not even Thara. She would just tell me that those people are just jealous or something like that.

I had now sat down on the couch, thinking about everything. I didn't notice it, but Mon-El walked over to me.

Mon-El: "Kara, you okay?"

Kara: "Hmm? Yes, I am fine, why do you ask?"

Mon-El: "You look like you have just been contemplating all your life decisions."

Kara: "Well not exactly, I've just been thinking about some personal things."

Mon-El: "Why is it making you so sad?"

Kara: "It's not"

Mon-El: "You know, you get this crinkle right up there when you lie," He said while pointing between his eyebrows

Kara: "I don't have a crinkle," I said defensively

Mon-El: "You're crinkling at the moment" I roll my eyes "Nevermind that, but what's going on? You told me that you would always be there for me when I needed to talk, let me do the same for you."

Kara: "Ok"

I told him everything. The thing is, he paid attention to me the whole time, and he looked like he actually cared about my problems. It honestly surprised me.