8 - Getting to know each other

Mon-El's POV-

I wake up and then I go take a shower. When I leave the bathroom, Kara was out there waiting for me. Good thing I had a towel on. At first, she stared at me but then she realized that I was almost naked, so she turned her head away quickly.

Mon-El: "You know that you can look right. We are getting married."

Kara: "Yea, but I've literally only known you for a week and who said that I was going to be seeing that when we get married."

Mon-El: "My mother is going to ask us to produce an heir, just so you know."

Kara: "Okay, but on Daxam can't you guys make a child out of two people's DNA."

Mon-El: "Yea, but are you never going to do it ever in your life?"

Kara: "If the only person I can have it with is you, then I won't."

Mon-El: "That hurt, is it because I'm not attractive enough" I can tell that she starts to get a little red, which is funny

Kara: "I can't lie and say that you aren't attractive, but I would only ever do it with someone that I love and I will never love you."

Mon-El: "You just admitted to thinking that I'm handsome."

Kara: "I never said that you were handsome, I said that you are attractive."

Mon-El: "Ha, I got you to say it again."

Kara: "Oh my, now go put some clothes on. You have to go to the tailor so you can get your suit fitted and we need to make sure that everything for the engagement party is set."

Mon-El: "Okay" I then go into the bathroom and change into some clothes

Kara and I then walk to the tailors. It took about 45 minutes. Then Kara and I started to walk to where the engagement party is being held. It was really far away. I then started a conversation with Kara.

Mon-El: "So, let's talk about the wedding and the things that will happen after."

Kara: "Like what?"

Mon-El: "First, once we get married, will we have to stay in the same room or seperate ones? Are we going to continue living with your parents?"

Kara: "So, we are going to move into a house in the 'House of El' area, and I think we can just stay sleeping in different rooms."

Mon-El: "When are we moving in there."

Kara: "There are two options: moving in after the engagement party or after the wedding. I prefer the first because we will start getting more used to living together and we can get settled in."

Mon-el: "Okay, so I wanted to know how people are going to see this marriage. Will people think that we actually love each other or will they know that this is an arranged marriage."

Kara: "I think to make the peace between our planets more real, then they should think that the marriage is real too."

Mon-El: "Okay, then we have to start acting like we 'love' each other."

Kara: "I guess so"

Mon-El: "Well then we also have to act like a couple, and couple hold hands, hug, and kiss."

Kara: "We don't have to kiss, but I guess we could hug and hold hands."

Mon-El: "Okay" I then take Kara's hand, she seemed a little surprised. "Is this okay"

Kara: "Yea, now let's walk a bit faster, or we will be late."

We continue to walk still holding hands. After a few minutes, it actually feels normal to hold her hand, it is small and she is very gentle. Then we arrive at the place. Everything is set up very nicely.