12 - Wedding Pt.2

Kara's POV (Before wedding)-

I was getting ready for the wedding. My mother and Thara were in my room helping me. I already had my hair and makeup done, all I had to do was put my on dress. I told my mom to go get ready before moving on with me and I told Thara to get ready too. I then headed out to the balcony while they did what they needed to do. I was going to head back into my room when I saw Mon-El in his room, struggling to put on a tie. I walked into his room and I went to ask if he needed help.

Mon-El: "What are you doing in here"

Kara: "I went out to the balcony for a second and I saw that you were struggling to put your tie on." I walked over to him and started to put on his tie

Mon-El: "How and when did you learn how to do this?"

Kara: "I don't really know, actually. I guess that all women are just born with the ability to put ties on other people." I smiles at him and he awkwardly smiles back.

Kara: "Okay, I think you are ready. I should go back to my room and continue to get ready. I'll see you at the wedding. Bye"

Mon-El: "Bye" I then left the room

I walked back into my room and saw Thara and my mom ready to help me put on my wedding dress. It didn't take very long. My mom is very emotional, so she started to cry when she saw me in the dress.

Kara: "Mom, please don't cry or I'll cry too. Then we will both ruin our makeup."

Alura: "It's just, you look so beautiful."

Thara: "I agree"

Kara: "Thank you both"

I hand my mom a tissue.

-About 30 minutes pass-

Kara: "Okay, so by now Mon-El has already left and is there. We need to do the last final touches and make sure that the transport vehicle is ready."

Alura: "Let me go see if your father is ready to go."

Thara: "I am going to call Lir-Al to see if he is on his way here, then I will come back and help you finish up."

Kara: "Okay"

They go and do their things while I stay in my room waiting. I honestly can't wait to go to this wedding, both because I want to get it over with but also because even though it is awkward between us, I am starting to like Mon-El. Not just like him as friends but also like him, that kiss that we shared at the engagement party was amazing. And the moment that I had rejected him, I was so wrong to do that. But, I shouldn't think like this because there are still many things that make me like him less.

After a few minutes, both my mom and Thara come back. They help me put the last details for my hair and makeup. We leave my room and head downstairs, where my father and Lir-Al are waiting. They all then make sure that they have everything. After that, we left the house and got into the transport vehicle. The wedding venue was pretty far from here, so the drive took a while.

-Time Passed-

We had finally got to the wedding venue, and when we entered, everyone was already getting inside the place where the actual wedding would take place. Thara, Lir-Al, and my mother had to go in while my father stayed with me because he was going to walk me down the aisle.

My father handed me my bouquet of white roses with pink roses. Then we heard the music start to play and that was our cue to go in. My dad went to go to open the doors but I just stayed in my place.

Zor-El: "Kara, are you okay?"

I didn't know whether to tell him that I was panicking or not because I didn't want to seem like I didn't want the best for my people. But, it was my father and he always understands me.