6 - Problem or Solution?

Kara's POV-

I woke up the next day with a terrible headache and I could barely remember anything that happened last night. But I can remember that I kissed Mon-El. And I don't understand why I don't regret doing it. I am so glad that he isn't here anymore so I don't have to deal with the embarrassment. I took a shower and then changed into some clothes. I went downstairs to eat breakfast. When I entered the dining room, I see Mon-El, Queen Rhea and King Lar Gand all with my parents sitting and eating breakfast. I was surprised, why were they still here?

Kara: "Good Morning"

Alura: "Good Morning"

Lar Gand: "I know you might be wondering why we are still here."

Kara: "Yes, I am. I might've had a little too much to drink." I laugh a little, then Queen Rhea rolls her eyes

Rhea: "Well, we have found the solution for the peace treaty. And it requires us to stay here a little longer than expected."

Zor-El: "And it involves you and Mon-El."

Mon-El: "Why does it have anything to do with us?" I was confused as much as Mon-El

Alura: "Well to unite our planets, we have decided to plan an arranged marriage."

Kara: "Okay, but why does it involve Mon-El and I?"

Alura: "The two people that will be marrying are you, Kara" She looks at me "and you, Mon-El" She looks at him.

I didn't know how to react, but the one thing I did know was that I didn't want to marry Mon-El, I hate him and after that kiss, it is probably really awkward between us.

Mon-El: "I understand why I have to be the one getting married, since I am the prince, but why does Kara have to be the one I am marrying. No offense"

Kara: "None taken, and I agree. Why do I have to be the one that gets married."

Alura: "Kara, you know that our family is very essential to Krypton's everyday schedule. I am part of the High Council of Krypton and your father is a greatly respected scientist that does good for our planet each day. If it wasn't you, there would be no one else."

Kara: "When will the ceremony take place." I said still not believing what I had just heard.

Alura: "We want to do it as soon as possible so in 1 week. I know that it is rushed but we want to unite our planets and create peace quickly."

Mon-El: "This is all happening so fast"

Rhea: "Yes, we know. Mon-El you will now be permanently living on this planet until you will be crowned King, which won't take place in decades. Also, your father and I will be leaving tonight and only returning for the wedding."

Kara: "I think I'm gonna go upstairs to write for a bit, see you all later."

I left the table and I went to my room. I started to write in my journal, about everything that has happened. I then call Thara on my phone. I tell her everything and she is very surprised. The thing is that I will now be getting married before her. She then had to go so I hung up. I felt like crying because this marriage would mean that I would never be able to fall in love with someone, never be able to have kids with the man that I love. The rest of my life was chosen and I have nothing to do about it. I was lost in my thoughts until I heard a knock at my door. I thought it was my mother so I said "come in". It was actually Mon-El.

Mon-El: "Hey"

Kara: "Hi"

Mon-El: "So I guess I was wrong"

Kara: "What do you mean"

Mon-El: "When I said you were going to end up becoming a spinster. I guess you won't anymore since you will be marrying me."

Kara: "True"

Mon-El: "So, do you remember anything you did while you were drunk last night?"

Kara: "No, what did I do?" I lied, I wanted to know if he was going to talk about it or not

Mon-El: "When I was bringing you back home, you weren't even able to walk, it was hilarious, you almost fell a few times" He laughs so I laugh back

Kara: "Did I do anything else?" I wanted him to be the one who brought it up

Mon-El: "Nope, nothing at all. I actually never expected for a Kryptonian to get drunk like you did last night."

Kara: "I'm not like all the other Kryptonians. I'm not as perfect as everyone thinks I am, I can admit that I have flaws. But I also want to do something more with my life. All I want to do is help people."

Mon-El: "Well, I'm not like the other Daxamites."

Kara: "And how are you not like the others?"

Mon-El: "I don't know how, but all I know is that I want to be better."

Kara: "Then prove it to me. And don't give me any excuses."

Mon-El: "I won't. I think I'm going to go out and explore Argo a bit. Bye"

Kara: "Bye"

Mon-El then left my room. I waited a little bit until I got out of my room and went to search for my mother. I found her reading a book in the living room. I went and sat next to her.

Kara: "Mom, I want to know more about the wedding, like can I have a maid of honor, when am I going out buy the dress. Or, when the cake tasting will be. All the details."

Alura: "Well, tomorrow you and I will be going out to pick a dress. If you want, Thara can come as well. Then after that, you and Mon-El will choose the minor details, like cake and food choices. But, we do have rules and restrictions given by the queen. It seems like she just wants to plan the whole thing, but I told her that you should at least have some control over your own wedding."

Kara: "Thanks"

Alura: "No problem sweetheart, also we will be having an engagement party in 3 days, which will be Tuesday."

Kara: "Okay. I am going to go meet with Thara now. Bye"

Alura: "Bye"

I got my bag and then I went to Thara's house.  On my way there, I decided to go by the Cafe and buy myself a coffee. While I was there, I saw Mon-El at a table reading a book. I was about to walk up to him when I saw a girl walk up to him and sit next to him while handing him a drink. I didn't know what to think about that but I frowned slightly and then I left. I continued to walk to Thara's house, and once I got there, I entered and then we started to talk. I told her how I had kissed Mon-El, and how I saw him with another girl and how it made me feel a little sad. But also, how I knew that he would've gone and find a girl to be his new conquest. What did I expect from a Daxamite.

Author's POV-

I know the tittle to this chapter doesn't make that much sense, but I thought it fit well with what happens. Thank you all for reading this story. I hope you liked this chapter. :)