5 - Thara's Engagement Party

Mon-El's POV-

I wake up the next day. I woke up a little early so I started to pack up my things since my parents and I were going to leave tonight. I actually want to leave, even though Kara has been a little less rude, she still is very discourteous towards me. On Daxam, I used to be treated very well since I was the prince. But there was a lot more things that made me hate living there. On Krypton I am hated but it is a wonderful place. I just wish people knew the real me not the person that my parents portray me as.

After I packed, I went downstairs to eat breakfast. Only Kara was there, our parents were gone.

Mon-El: "Where are my parents and where are yours?"

Kara: "They wanted a head start on organizing the peace treaty."

Mon-El: "Oh. So, what are we going to do today to celebrate my last day here."

Kara: "Well, first I have to go with Thara dress shopping and then later today there will be a party to celebrate Thara's engagement to Lir-Al."

Mon-El: "Did you say party"

Kara: "Yea, since you have to go basically everywhere I go, you will be my plus one."

Mon-El: "Finally, we are going to have some fun."

Kara- You should already get ready for the party because it will be right after we do dress shopping with Thara.

Mon-El: "Are you not going to get dressed"

Kara: "I am"

Mon-El: "You call that being dressed up"

Kara: "Yes, what's the problem with it, it is a nice and plain lilac dress with the House of El glyph on it."

Mon-El: "It's too simple, you should buy a dress when we go with Thara"

Kara: "Sure"

I go up to my room and I get dressed. I'm guessing this isn't like the parties I usually go to so I put on more formal clothes. I then go downstairs. When Kara sees me she can't seem to stop. I don't know why but it makes me smile a little.

Kara: "You dress up nice"

Mon-El: "Thanks, you ready to go now"

Kara: "Yea"

We left her house and started walking to the dress shop.

Mon-El: "So, what are you going to do to get back at Del-Or"

Kara: "What do you mean?"

Mon-El: "Like are you going to repay his rudeness. On Daxam, if a woman was treated like that, she would humiliate the guy or do something to make him feel bad"

Kara: "That's what makes our planets different, we aren't cruel. But, I bet you were on the receiving end of this a few times."

Mon-El: "Yes, I have."

Kara: "It's probably because you are a self-absorbed misogynist."

Mon-El: "Do you always have to say something rude to me whenever we are actually kind of getting along."

Kara: "Yes, because I have to make sure that you know we will never be friends or anything close to that."

Mon-El: "Is it because you think that your better than me, you're too good to be even acquainted to me."

Kara: "Honestly, yes. Do you even care about this peace treaty that your parents are trying to organize. Do you even care about the people you rule over. And do you know how wrong it is to take people away from their families so they can be your servants."