Chapter 14

I wake a few hours later alone in Reginas bed, well soon to be our bed I guess. I have a slight headache and I'm very thirsty. I roll over and find a note on the nightstand. It's from Regina. "Good afternoon my love. I'm going into work for a few hours. I shouldn't be to long. Here is a bottle of aspirin and a bottle of water. Love always. Regina". I smile and grab for the aspirin. God I love that woman. I send her a text.  "Thanks for the aspirin and water babe, your the best. Don't work to hard. See you when you get home".  A minute later I received a smiley kissy face from her and I let out a laugh. I look at the time and see it's 1:30. I go to the bathroom, take a shower then head downstairs. Looking through the kitchen I can't see anything that feel like eating. I send Regina a text telling her I'm going to Granny's to get some lunch and I head out. Walking into the diner I see Regina sitting in a booth with a guy and he seems to be holding her hand. What's that about. I think to myself. I walk by the table slowly and Regina sees me and immediately pulls her hand away from him. She has an unreadable look on her face. I don't say anything as I walk by and just go in the bathroom and stand there for a minute trying to collect myself. I'm suddenly not so hungry. I open the bathroom door and Regina is standing right in front of me. "Emma let me explain".  "Not here Regina. I'm going back to your house. Whenever your done. I'll be there". That's all I say and walk away. As I'm walking out I bump into the asshole that was holding my girlfriends hand. "Hey. Watch where your going". Really. He has the balls to say that to me. "Ya. What are you gonna do about it?"  "Really blondie. You really wanna start something?"  Regina comes walking  up to us. "Ok, that's enough. Robin please go sit back down and Emma please go back home. I'll see you in a few minutes". I'm so pissed right now. I say "Fine Regina, I'll see you back at YOUR house". I made sure to emphasize that it was her house, because it not ours yet and until I find out what the fuck is going on, it may never be. I glare at her, then turn to the prick and stare him down a bit before I walk out. I walk into Reginas home and slam the door behind me. I stand in the foyer with my hands on my hips for a minute. I'm fighting back the tears. I'm not gonna fucking cry. I should have known this was to good to be true. Is the baby even mine. No. I can't think like that. It'll tear me apart. I go in the kitchen and grab a beer and drink half of it down. I open the freezer and see the bottle of fireball she keeps for me and pour myself a big shot. Regina shows up about a half hour later. I'm still in the kitchen. She walks in and sees me drinking again and she doesn't seem pleased, but right now I don't care. I look away and take another shot. "Emma. I'm sorry. Please let me explain what you walked in on". I laugh a bit and say "oh goodie. Let's here it".   "Emma please, just let me explain".   "Go right ahead Gina. Tell me all about your boyfriend. I can't wait to hear all about him".   "He's not my boyfriend. Not anymore, I dated Robin about a year ago,  I broke things off. A few months ago he started showing up in town. He's been trying to get me back, but I keep telling him I'm in a relationship and I don't want to be with him. This morning he called my office and asked me to lunch. He said he had something to tell me. I accepted to hear him out. It was the same thing. He wants me back. When you walked in he took my hand to try convince me that him and I belong together. Emma I don't want him. I promise. I want you my love. Please believe me".   I sit for a moment to let what she just said sink in. I probably shouldn't have started drinking on an empty stomach because I can already tell the only thing that's gonna come out of my mouth is going to be bad. "Did you sleep with him?"  She looks at me confused and says "What do you mean?"   "I mean when he started showing back up here have you had sex with him?" She looks pissed at that. "Why don't you ask my what you really want to ask Emma. You want to know if the baby is yours".    "Well if he's been pursuing you for a few months, maybe you had a moment of weakness".    "Fuck You Emma. How dear you say that to me. I've only been with you. You have been the only one I want". I see tears start forming in her eyes. I want to hold her but I'm to stubborn so I stay seated. The silence feels like it goes on forever. She walks around the kitchen island to sit and sees my bag that I always bring when I stay here. "Emma what is this?"    "I wasn't sure if you'd still want me here or your boyfriend, so I figured I'd pack just in case".    "So you are leaving?"   "If that's what you want Regina. If you want him, then go for it. I don't want to be a second choice, but if this in fact my child I want shared custody. I will not let someone else be a father to my child".  I say that as tears start forming in my eyes. I can't believe this is happening. "I think you've said enough Emma. I think you can go now".  The tears start falling from my eyes now and I nod. I grab my bag and walk to the door. I'm probably a little to drunk to drive but I'll just go around the corner and pull over. I sort of stumbled to the door while I'm crying. What the fuck. Last night we were so happy. I open the door and hear "Goodbye Emma". I can't speak. I'm losing the love of my life. I walk out and close the door.