Chapter 40

Over the next few months everything had been going great. We settled into a nice routine. Henry is six months old today and we are taking him in for his check up. The nurse calls us back and Henry gets weighed and he's 17.8 pounds. Which is great we were told. He's also 26.6 inches long, also great. The nurse leaves and we wait a few minutes for the doctor to come in, so I'm holding him while Regina plays peak a boo with him. His laugh is so adorable that you can't help but laugh along. We are so lucky to have such a happy baby. Dr. Felch walks in and smiles at us playing with our son. "Hello mommies hello Henry. Welcome back". I stand up and sit Henry down on the exam table and keep my hands on him, he's still a little wobbly sitting on his own. "I see here in the chart that you sir are just the right weight and height. That's very good Henry". The doctor says and Henry smiles. He starts to examine his eyes, ears and reflexes and says that all seems normal. "Now it's time for some shots. I'm sorry you are not going to like this Henry". There was a knock on the door and the nurse came in with three needles on a tray. My eyes go wide. "He's getting three?"  "Yes". The doctor says like it's nothing. Regina and I try to make Henry focus on us during the shots but it was no use. The last one really did him in and he let out the biggest cry I've ever heard from him. I pick him up immediately and try to comfort him. I swear if I wasn't holding him I would have punched the shit out of that doctor. All he has to say is "Sorry Henry. I'll see you at your next appointment". Then he leaves. "Like hell you will. I'm not bringing my son back to that psycho Regina. Not after what he just did you him". "Emma he only give him the shots he needs". "Ya but look at him, he's crying babe".  "Yes dear but we knew this wasn't going to pleasant. Shots hurt sometimes even for adults".   "I don't care. I'm not bringing him back here".  "Emma,  Dr. Felch is the best pediatrician in Storybrooke".  "Good for him. I still don't care".  "Darling can we please talk about this later? Id like to leave here soon".  "Fine but we are not done". We put everything back in his diaper bag and we leave. On the way out the nurse asked if we'd like to make his next appointment and I quickly said no. Regina slapped my arm and said she'd call them back. Later when Regina comes back downstairs after putting Henry to bed she joins me on the couch. I'm on my phone searching for pediatricians. "Here is a good one here babe, she's only 15 miles away and has lots of good comments on yelp". "What is it my love?"  "The new doctor for Henry".   "Emma are you seriously looking for a doctor for our son on yelp?"  "What's wrong with that?"  "Emma. We have the best pediatrician around. He went to Harvard Emma, Harvard. And you want to take our son to someone you found on an app that you can order a pizza from. Over my dead body Emma".  "I don't like him Regina".   "Thats because Henry cried getting his shots. He will be getting more shots in the future, are you going to change is doctor every time?"  "If I have to".  "Emma can we please let this go for now. Can we just wait and see how Henry is in the morning and if he has big bruises from the shots we can talk about finding another doctor together ok".  "Fine. I'll see how he is tomorrow". She kisses me. "Thank you dear, because there is something else I wanted to discuss with you". "What's that babe?"   "Our wedding".