Chapter 45

I get woken up by a hard smack to my ass. "Wake up Swan today is the day".  "Ouch Ruby. What the fuck?"   "Time to get up, you don't want to be late". I look at the clock on the wall. "Shit it's only ten in the morning Ruby, the wedding isn't till eight o'clock tonight. We've got plenty of time".  "I know but Regina made me promise to get you there on time or she'd kill me. Why are you guys having it so late anyway?"   "There is a surprise for everyone after the ceremony. You'll see later. So what are we gonna do all day?"   "We could go out for drinks". I laugh. "Ruby, I'm not getting drunk before my wedding".  "Fine. Then let's go downstairs to the diner and get some breakfast". While we were eating I asked Ruby if she heard from Regina or Belle yet today. Belle stayed at our house with Regina last night. "Yup. Both of them actually. They wanted to check to make sure we didn't over do it last night". I laugh. "They know us so well. I'm so glad we're not hungover today. What did they do last night?"   "Same as us, drinks, tv, video games. Well probably not the video games". We didn't do much for the afternoon, just waited till it was time to get ready. I decided on the traditional black tuxedo and Ruby went with a dark gray pantsuit. My hands are shaking while I'm trying to button my shirt. "You ok Swan?"  "Ya. Good".  "Your not nervous are you?"   "Not about getting married, just about being up there in front of everyone. I don't like being the center of attention".  "Don't worry about it, everyone will be looking at Regina anyway". I chuckle a little. "Thanks Ruby". A few minutes later Ruby's phone rang. "The limo is here Emma. Are you ready?" I take a deep breath and say "Let's go". We pull up to the Castleton Banquet and Conference Center and the driver opens my door. I step out and everything looks amazing. We are getting married outside and I look to see rows of white chairs, lights along the walking path up to the gazebo where our alter is, and the sky is full of stars. The wedding planner meets us out by the limo. "Emma, Ruby. Hello". Ruby smiles and I say hello. "So Emma are you ready?"  "I am if you are". I laugh a bit. "We are all set for everything. I hope you like the set up out here".  "I do very much. Gina is gonna love it too".  "She does. She got here a few minutes ago. We have about twenty minutes before it's show time, many of your guests have already arrived and are in the in the front hall. Your parents are also here". We walk inside and I can see a guy playing the piano for those that are here. "Emma you can mingle out here or you are welcome to wait in the private room we have for you". I nod and Ruby and I follow her down a hallway. In the room there are chairs and a couch and a table with some fruit, cheese and crackers along with beer, wine, champagne and water. "So you can relax in here and I'll come get you when it's time". I nod and she leaves. I grab a bottle of water and drink most of down. "Try to chill out Ems, everything will be just fine".  "Ruby. What is she changes her mind?"  "What?"  "Regina. What if she realizes she made a mistake and runs off. I love her Ruby, I couldn't handle that".  "Emma. Take a deep breath. Regina loves you. There is no way she's going to change her mind".  "Go check on her please. I need to know she's still here. Please Ruby". I say as I start to cry. Ruby gives me a big hug. "Ok. I'll go see her. Just try to calm down ok. Have a glass of champagne". She leaves and I sit and cry. I say out loud "God please don't let her change her mind".  She comes back about five minutes later. "You've got nothing to worry about. She's ready to get this thing going. She said she can't wait to be your wife".  "Really?"    "Yes goof ball. Now stop all this crying shit". We hear a knock at the door and the wedding planner comes in. "Ok we are ready for you". "Great. Let's go get you married Ems". We walk outside and everyone is seated and the minister is standing up at the alter. I walk up and shake her hand. I look out at the crowd and smile at them. My mom is holding Henry so I go over. He looks so damn cute in his baby tuxedo. I take him from my mom and I kiss his head. "Emma you look beautiful sweetheart".   "Thanks mom. Where is dad?" I motion to the empty chair next to her. "He'll be out in a minute". The music changes to start the ceremony so I hand Henry back to my mom and take my place at the alter with Ruby right beside me. Belle comes walking out in a beautiful light purple gown. She takes her spot on alter across from us. The music changes again, this time to the here comes the bride song and everyone stands.