Chapter 38

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I forgot how depressing that is. Thank god I have Regina. I must have been exhausted because I slept throughout the night. I stretch and sit up against the headboard. I look over at the clock. "Holy shit". I can't believe it's almost noon. I knew I should have set an alarm to wake up at like 7am. Shit. I grab my phone and see two texts from Regina. Fuck. I feel like shit. I knew I never should have left the hospital. I open the texts. The first one is from 9:15am "Good morning my love. I hope you slept well. You needed it. Maybe if it's not to much trouble you can bring me some lunch from Granny's. The food here is awful. Love you". 
Second was at 10:47am "Are you still sleeping dear?  You must have been more tired than I realized. I'll see you later my love xoxo".
I love her, but I feel like an ass. I call her immediately. She picks up on the third ring. "Hello?"   "Hey, Gina. I'm sorry I'm not there by now. I forgot to set an alarm to wake up early".  "It's ok Emma. I'm sure you very much needed the rest".  "Ya I guess. I still feel bad".  "Emma there is no need to feel bad. You are always my rock, it's ok".  "Thank you babe. I just saw your text about lunch, what would you like?"   "It's ok I'm all set now. Your mom brought me something from Granny's".  "She did?"   "Yes. When I didn't hear back from you I sent her a text to check on you and she said you were snoring up a storm". She says laughing. "Hey, hey I don't snore".   "Oh Emma, I love you so much, but baby you do snore". I can hear my mom also laughing in the background. "Alright stop it the both of you. So it seems you are ok for now. I'm gonna take a quick shower and I'll be over. Do you want me to bring you anything?"   "Just you my sweetheart".   "You got it baby. I'll see you soon". Once I'm showered and dressed, I go downstairs and find my dad in the kitchen reheating his leftovers from last night. "Hey dad. What's up".  "Good afternoon Em. Did you sleep well?"   "Ya, like a rock". He laughs and asks  "You going over to the hospital?"   "Yes. But I'm having Granny's bear claws first".   "That's my girl". He laughs out. I pour myself a frosty mug full of milk and when the microwave is free I heat up the bear claws. After we eat, I drive my dad and I over to the hospital. We walk into Reginas room and I see her feeding Henry. My heart skips a beat. I feel myself falling deeper in love with her at this moment. My dad taps me on the shoulder "Emma are you going to actually go in the room or are we just going to stand in the doorway the whole time?"  He laughs. "Sorry dad". I walk in and kiss Regina and kiss Henry in his head. The five of us spent some great family time together. Reginas doctor came in and and gave us an update. "Regina, it's only been a few days but you are healing very well. I would like you to spend a few more days here, just as a precaution. Then you can most likely go home by Monday".  I'm so excited I speak without thinking. "Shit. That's great. It's Thursday now babe, so just a few more days". They all laugh at my enthusiasm. "What? I want my family home". I smile and look at Regina and say "Our Family". She gives me a blurry eyed nod.