Chapter 18

As we were drying off from our shower, Regina asked "So now can you tell me where we are going?"   "Tonight sweetheart we are going on a sunset dinner cruise out of Storybrooke harbor".   "Oh Emma that's sounds lovely my dear. It's such a nice way to celebrate you getting the Deputy job".  She kisses my lips and walks to her closet. "Actually Gina, it's not to celebrate. I wanted to show you a nice romantic evening. You are so special to me Regina, and I always want you tell feel that way". "Emma you do make me feel that way all the time". I give a shy smile and look down. "Wait Emma, is this about yesterday?"  I look her in the eyes but I don't say anything. She walks over to me. "Darling I told you all is forgiven. There is no need to make anything up to me".   "I know that but I love you so much and I was so scared of losing you that I really wanted to treat you to a nice night out, and hold your hand and have a dinner out on the open water as the sunsets".   "Then that's what we will do, and after tonight there is nothing you need to make up for. Do you understand me Emma?"  I nod and she kisses my lips. "Good, now lets get dressed my love".  I go grab the bag my suit is in, grab my shoes and start walking out of the room. "Emma where are you going?"   "To the guest bedroom to get dressed".  "Why?"  "Because I want you to be surprised".   She giggles and shakes her head. Once I'm dressed I look in the mirror. "Not to bad". I say to myself. I walk out of the room and Reginas bedroom door is open and the light is off. She must be downstairs. I find her in the kitchen and she looks amazing. "Holy shit Regina. Wow. You are gorgeous".  She's wearing a beautiful black dress that shows the perfect amount of cleavage. Over her dress she's wearing a cream colored jacket with black lapels. "Thank you my love, and that salesman was right. You look absolutely fabulous in that suit".   I smile and we kiss tenderly. "It's almost 7. Are you ready to get going?"  She grabs her purse and says "Lead the way my love".  I drive us over to the harbor and park. I open the door for her and take her hand to help her out of my truck. As walk closer we see people boarding a beautiful yacht. "Emma. It's beautiful".  We get in line to board. When it was our turn I give my name and we go into the lounge area. The room is large with a bar and wall to wall windows all around the whole room. We walk over to one of the windows and look out. It's such a beautiful evening. We can see all the boats traveling through the harbor. Regina put her hand in mine and squeezes. I look at her and kiss her. We have about a half hour till we depart so I ask if she'd like something to drink. She nods so we walk over to the bar. I get a ginger ale and she gets a club soda then we go outside and enjoy the fresh air. It's the beginning of June so the weather is perfect right now. We sit in silence for a little while enjoying the sounds around us, when a thought pops in my head. "You know Regina, I think this is the first time I've been on a boat that is actually going to leave the dock". She looks surprised at me. "Really Emma. You've never been on a boat before?"   "I was on a boat once for a drug bust, but never for a cruise or anything".   She held my hand tight and says "Well I hope you enjoy tonight then".  "With you here with me I know I will".